- Analyze and ensure local market surveys and keep a local suppliers database updated corresponding to the HI needs and criteria (quality, price, service, ethics )
- Make sure to always consider value for money having in mind quality and sustainability of the
- Implement procurement procedures for HI and organize different stages in the local purchasing of goods and services (market, surveys, ordering, monitoring, receipt, conformity checks etc.), contribute to internal control on the sites purchase files in accordance with the procedures, and propose recommendations with corrective action plans to the line
- Process the orders and ensure their follow-up, provide feedback to the applicant and inform his/her manager in case of
- Implement the control of the reception and inspection all incoming materials to stores and reconciles with purchase orders and delivery
- Supervise all trucks when loading and unloading materials and equipment’s from and to
- Control the sites choices for the storage places for materials and advise the line manager to decide how they are to be set out, supervise HI Storage and
- Implement controls on the site’s physical management of stock:
- Use the stock management
- Organize periodical stock-taking.
- Management the flow of
- Support and advice the sites in organizing and distribution of materials within the
- Follow the local transport of materials: choice of transport methods and packaging, planning and monitoring of dispatches, administrative and customs
- Ensure the daily update of the purchase monitoring chart (PMC).
- Follow up with the mission sites the elaboration of the procurement plan for each project with PM’s and compile it at the mission level to analyze with feedbacks to the sites to maximize the most efficient logistics support to the mission projects.
- Ensure the adequate filling of purchases files: signatures, presence and validity of the documents
- Follow up to receive control reports from the sites log teams on all the purchase files of our local partners in order to ensure that it respects HI’s procurement procedures. In case of any discrepancy, inform his/her Manager (as much as possible in writing).
- Ensure payment to the suppliers in link with finance department according to the invoice brought by the purchaser and
- Ensure proper follow up of services contracts
- Follow up the implementation of the rules governing the use of vehicles and movement transport management procedures and ensure its reinforcement in the mission.
- Prepare and define the weekly mission's travel requirements.
- Ensure maintaining accurate, up-to-date, reconciled records on vehicle log books, vehicle forms, vehicle maintenance sheets, fuel purchases, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management
- Ensure the vehicle online reports to match with each vehicle log book, then send reports to the line manager
- Control the applying of the log team the fleet monitoring tools in the mission.
- Supervise the implementation of preventive and curative maintenance work with the car rental companies in link with the Driver.
- Manage and follow up the transport service contracts and ensure proper documentation available in the transport means.
- Ensure adequate communication with car rental and fuel suppliers.
- Ensure the filing of the mission vehicles documents and charts (VMC) and it’s archiving in proper way.
- Support the Driver to organize and follow up the transportation of the goods.
- Make sure all drivers know the roads, use secure roads and respect the security driving rules.
- Ensure any required training for Driver, HI principles, driving…
- Ensure that Equipment and IT Management Policy is implemented, understood and respected within the mission.
- Be the focal point for IT related issues and requests.
- Ensure proper installation, follow up and upgrade of IT equipment (hardware, software, network, back up, security systems and devices).
- Train/support (or supervise the training) users on how to properly use the equipment including IT equipment.
- Follow up strictly the allocation of all the IT equipment (which mainly are laptops, desktops, printers, video/LCD, power supply, and communication) plus the allocation of the IT small equipment (external hard disk, UPS…) on the projects, partners and sites…. .
- Ensure the installation of antivirus software & any other systems as required on each laptop/ desktop in the mission fitting with HI regulations.
- For communications, follow up the use of cell phones by the teams; ensure that every staff allowed has a cell phone from the association. And every visitor must be provided with a cell phone.
- Supervise the internet set up.
- Ensure that the documents related to equipment management are compliant with HI policy
- Make sure that HI standard storage procedures are followed; ensure the quality procedures and control the stored equipment.
- Ensuring the correct management of customs clearance procedures at the mission Level.
- Apply equipment management procedures and written certification of each withdrawal of equipment from stock.
- Ensure the use of and accurate update of the Equipment Monitoring Chart (EMC) and the quality of the data it contains.
- Coordinate to run physical stock take in the mission quarterly, ensure its validation by the LM, and filling,
- Contribute in the Identification of the mission needs in terms of equipment, advice/report to the line manager its allocation, and usage.
- Responsible for the equipment installation/ maintenance.
- Produce and file related documents per each equipment item while control the well documentation in the sites (ID card, PSR, delivery note, guarantee, user guide, maintenance reports, reallocation/destruction report, donation certificate, and invoices…. etc.).
- Participate in defining the needs and propose solutions in terms of premises and carrying out or ensuring the management of the fitting, servicing and maintenance of the premises
- Ensure that Premises meet the minimum safety and security requirements and analyze the guarantees of insurance after seeking advice from his/her manager.
- Ensure collective rules for the use of the premises are
- Ensure the proper follow up of premises
- Supervise the overall maintenance of the HI premises.
- Organize travel, visa and accommodation arrangement according to the travel plan/form and coordinate with MERP and the mission sites for the necessary arrangements from their side, organize the welcoming of staff/guest, manage the guesthouse room vacancies and follow up the maintenance when
- Organize with the project team seminars and workshop arrangements (set up of the meeting room, meals, office supplies) and ensure travel arrangement and accommodation for each attendant
- Ensuring the booking of venue or hotel, purchase of flight ticket through the travel agency, and preparing the eventual purchase file
Prepare the monthly mission logistics
Frequent travel to coordination office in Jerusalem for support & carrying out duties as can be requested by line
Implement briefings to new staff members or staff assigned to the Field on logistics
As per requests received from line manager, coordinate replies to logistics related audit
Follow with the sites the yearly logistics files preparations soft & hard as requested by the line manager and implement the logistics internal
Carry out the training as per line manager request for national and international staff in area of activity: the mission logistical operating procedures.
Assist the line manager is any duties as can be requested as per the
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Logistics Administration/ Supply Management.
Good technical skills in IT
Previous experience in INGO ( At least 3 Years in the logistics field )
Fluent in English (French a plus)
Basic Knowledge of Hebrew ( level 1)
Excellent communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills
Good organizational skills
Good oral, written communication and presentation skills
Ability to support and train
Good capacity in team work
Good knowledge in MS Applications ( Excel , word ...etc)
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Part time position (75 % with potential moving to 100% status upon availability of funds)
Initial contract will be for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extension upon availability of funds
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before February 04, 2023 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Logistics Officer) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.