CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
Position: Logistics Manager
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Reference Number: (Ref # Re /01/2022)
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
Logistics Manager West Bank, under the supervision of Head of Mission. The role of Logistics Manager is to manage and control the logistic and procurement – fleet management and he/she will be responsible for all the special office procurement, providing advice and coordination of activities broadly and estimate the value of different types of contracts. He/she will be responsible for the goods and services required to support programs and processes, and ensure the timeliness and adequate quality and best prices, purchase transactions should be appropriate for donor’s regulations and domestic law, as it should perform to achieve project objectives, and he/she should make sure that contracts are regulated according to the internal regulations of SI, under the supervision of Head of Mission, responsible for all logistics aspects, and he/she will work in close cooperation with SIF team.
- Adhere to SIF policies, guidance, and procedures;
- Ensuring the respect of SIF and donor Logistics guidelines (management of purchase, stock, supply, equipment, vehicles) on the mission;
- Managing directly the logistics staff under his/her supervision;
- Strengthening capacities of Logistics teams based in West Bank Office (training, capacity building);
- Coordinating the logistics activities all over the West Bank by being in support and in close collaboration with the project staff and the support staff;
- Supervising and providing a logistical support to the different projects run into the West Bank;
- Reporting on a regular basis about all logistics activities within the West Bank;
- Provide planning support and advice to those making a procurement request, then process and manage the procurement process in accordance with SIF policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner;
- Follow-up the procurement for all bases in area of operations;
- Validate the Purchase / Service Contracts for procurement, along with coordination of admin team;
- Set up and maintain a database of suppliers, detailing criteria of quality, price, service, ethics etc;
- Undertake quotations or launch Calls for Tender;
- Get validation of relevant procurement from HQ;
- Check the condition and nature of goods received as required by the contracts;
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of procurement documents, conforming to SIF procedures;
- Undertake periodic inventories;
- Manage stock movements and distributions of goods in the framework of project implementation;
- Ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to ensure a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items;
- Ensure that all procurement are tracked and recorded to identify items that should be part of a pre- approved tender process, and ensure that open and free competition for procurement is adhered too;
- Capture pipeline information, and coordinate the management of the supply chain ensuring that Program staffs are well-informed and well-prepared for incoming goods and materiel;
- Elaborate and update suppliers data base as well as prices list;
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers;
- Enforce proper use of procurement ceilings and approval procedures.
Assets and Property Management:
- Ensure the safety and effective use of all SIF assets and properties in the office;
- Account for the overall compliance with assets, properties and premises management procedures;
- Ensure the maintenance and repairs of assets and properties in timely manner;
- Assess the need for additional equipment / premise;
- Account for the overall compliance with assets, properties and premises management procedures;
- Regularly control the Asset Documentation (Asset Card, Maintenance / Repair Card, Monthly Equipment Follow Up);
- Ensure that Assets file is updated with all necessary documents (vouchers, technical manuals, repair and maintenance documents);
- Ensure timely reporting on /assets & stock status, to help Program staff with planning of replenishment and tracking through to end-user has occurred;
- Advise and support Program staff to verify that distribution has occurred according to the intentions and plans of the donors, and project partners.
- Supervise and coordinate all logistic matters relating to transport and fuel management, to ensure that vehicles are insured, asset managed correctly, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported;
- Organize field movements for staff members (flight and hotel booking, rental taxi, etc.);
- Ensure that vehicles internal equipment (tools, communications, etc.) are complete and serviceable; and that usage of fuel is correctly supervised, and logged and recorded;
- Control regularly that all documentation required is filled in timely and precisely;
- Supervise the rental Service Contracts for vehicles;
- Control all documentation related to vehicles (Log Books, Fuel Consumption...);
- Consolidate and control the Fuel Consumption Follow Up from all drivers.
Procedures and Reporting:
- Comply with all the reporting requirements from HQ and Country level;
- Prepare the Monthly Logistical Report for the Head of Mission and HQ;
- Present all consolidated monthly reports as required according to SIF guidelines
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of action for audit; purposes, and submit weekly and monthly logistics reports to the in-country management team;
- Prepare procurement plan (order follow up, ongoing procurement, deliveries …etc.);
- Prepare Stocks Situation follow up and report (Deliveries received, damages, stocks requests);
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stocks levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency;
- Follow up SIF vehicles (maintenance, Incidents, suppliers relation);
- Assets list (Repartition of assets, maintenance, problems).
- Ensure compliance with SIF policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws;
- Ensure that the procurement and disposal of commodities are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented;
- Ensure that vendors’ eligibility screening is carried out in a timely manner, updated regularly, and, recorded appropriately;
- Manage all types of contracts with suppliers and service providers;
- Meet any ad hoc donor requirements in a timely and complete way;
- Telecommunication and Information Technology Management;
- Accounts for the overall compliance with the Communication and IT procedures;
- Supervise and secure effective use of the entire telecommunication and IT system
- Supervise all the telecommunication costs.
- Manage all staff within department with integrity and foresight, and in accordance with HR procedures and policies to ensure that they maintain the highest standards of accountability and professionalism;
- Ensure that staff supervised are evaluated regularly, trained and/or mentored in a structured accountable manner, and written records of such are retained;
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and performance of logistics team;
- Logistics Manager involves the responsibility of a team but also of its efficiency, which means that by having no results over the long term s/he must be capable of training / sanctions / recommendations for more appropriate position.
- Reports to the Head of Mission;
- Proactively engage with the managers and relevant staff (Program, Finance) on all matters logistic to ensure that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for logistical staff and logistical support mechanisms.
- Regular contact with the Desk Logistician to facilitate the information flow between the HQ and the field level, as well as seek guidance, when needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
KNOWLEDGE / STUDIES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience in Logistics Management with good knowledge of Procurement Management;
- Experience in international development and/or non-profit organisations;
- Well organized, strategic planning, and implementation ability;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Ability to set goals and prioritize with commitment;
- Effective under pressure, results oriented and proactive with the ability to multi-task;
- Experience in working in collaboration with NGOs, government agencies and other stakeholders;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Package).
- Strong organizational and work planning skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high volume work environment with tight deadlines;
- Ability to plan activities and to set clearly defined objectives and high levels of quality/ productivity for self, own team or department;
- Experience in proactively identifying issues and proven problem solving skills;
- Strong personal ethics (confidentiality, impartiality, non-discrimination, integrity);
- Interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt, autonomy and rigor.
- Location: West Bank Position based in Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine with:
- Regular travels to the field in all West Bank governorates expected, respecting specific travel requirements
- Exceptional travels (based on the need) to Gaza base expected, if possible and respecting specific travel requirements
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings only in English, and as a word or PDF document:
- CV & Motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on the 1st September 2022 to the following e-mail address:
Sending emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer