Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the Logistics & ICT Technical Officer position is the implementation of logistics & ICT functions and responsibilities, and provide support on specific technical competences related to logistics and ICT development.
- Responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high quality, cost-efficient products including:
- Coordinate the development of grants procurement plans at AO level.
- Review all the received procurement request ensuring clarity of the required goods or services, accuracy of the coding, and if there is any specific donor requirement.
- Facilitate all procurement and tender committee meetings and coordinate with all relevant departments to establish each one
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships following NRC standards
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased.
- Ensure that procured and received goods are readily available to program and support departments according to requirements.
- Coordinating closely with the Finance department to ensure timely payment of suppliers.
- Responsible for establishing preferred vendor listing following a competitive bidding process and market surveys, review and update the supplier database sheet
- Representing NRC with external parties such supplier, consulting firms and vendors.
- Establish framework agreements to be able to response within the best time for all the required procurement activities.
- Maintain pipeline planning and ensure that sufficient warehouse space, handling and transportation resources are available for incoming/outgoing goods.
- Responsible for AO office assets management in line with NRC policy.
- Responsible for AO ICT through:
- Ensuring compliance with NRC’s policies:
- Provides level two incident handling support to the AO users
- Accountable to the overall maintenance and delivery of AO ICT assets and systems
- Monitors and reports ICT expenses and assist with the preparation of operating budgets
- Controls AO ICT assets, maintains communications service contracts, advises on procurement, and drives ICT asset standardization, and end of life for ICT assets;
- Creates a routine computer maintenance schedule at AO level for updating device drivers, hard disk drive defragmentation, disk clean up and update virus definitions;
- Local Admin for UNIT4.
- Support new hires on boarding by preparing ICT package and required access.
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, ICT and asset management)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Experience working in Logistics and ICT field in a humanitarian context
- Relevant tertiary education or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Valid driver’s license
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 12 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Contact person: Reham Khalaf, [email protected]
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below