The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The purpose of a Logistic Coordinator is to manage the logistic department and deliver a variety of procurement and other logistics related activities, including management of fleet and asset management.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, SOP’s and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistic systems and procedures at area level
- Coordinate timely operational planning and management of logistic activities
- Ensure that local SOP’s regulate procedures at field office level, and perform periodic checks
- Coordinate market assessment within the scope and request of programme/project developers
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings related to logistic
- Line management of the logistic team including recruitment and performance management
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
- Ensure the timely delivery of logistics support services to all NRC PS projects
- Provide technical guidance and training to CO and AO procurement staff to effectively support ongoing projects
- Assist in logistics budget preparation and follow up and manage allocated budget lines
- Directly assisting and contributing to program and project design, including budget development
- In close coordination with programs ensure development of procurement plans for all ongoing grants.
- Lead on all NRC PS procurements, ensuring compliance with NRC and donors policy. Monitor ongoing procurement
- Responsible for NRC PS assets management, ensuring compliance with NRC and donors’ policy
- Ensure efficient fleet management
- Development of formalized in country logistics policy documentation in line with NRC Global procedures
- Monthly report on key performance measures for all aspects of logistics activities and regularly review them against actual performance.
- Respond to audits as needed
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistician in a humanitarian / recovery context
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- University degree in Supply Chain or a relevant subject.
- Knowledge and experience of main donors logistics policies.
- Knowledge of Logistics Management in the Middle East, particularly Palestine and Israel.
- Knowledge of Hebrew is an advantage
Duty Station: Jerusalem
Type of Contract: Open end
Salary: Position on grade 7 based on the NRC grading scale
Reports to Head of Support
Language: Fluency in English.
All applications should be submitted in English!
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below