Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
For a period of initial 12 months, with possibility of renewal
The Logistics Coordinator is in charge of the development, coordination and monitoring of every process related to logistics in the Mission. His/her main goal is to contribute to the Mission´s Country Strategy, to ensure the approach of the Mission is well adapted to the reality of logistics in the areas of operation. Based on this, the Logistics Coordinator will also design a specific strategy for logistics management in the Mission, as well as an action plan for its implementation. The action plan will be created in coordination with the other members of the Coordination Team, and its final aim will be to guarantee an efficient and effective operational support to the projects of the Mission.
In the current context, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate logistics at national level.
- Contribute to the definition of mission strategy
- Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with external stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Line-management of the Logistics team in Jerusalem, and technical management of and support to Base Logisticians in the Bases.
- Operational support to the Mission´s security management.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Logistics, Business, Engineering or another related field. Master in Logistics, Humanitarian Studies or similar an asset.
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in field logistics coordination and security management in a Humanitarian Aid organization. Evidence of practical experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management, fleet/transport management and asset management. Experience in launching tenders an asset.
- Knowledge of Action Against Hunger´s Kitlog is an asset. Advanced knowledge of donor’s guidelines and procedures related to Logistics (ECHO,OCHA, UNICEF, AECID) is an asset.
- Excellent team management skills, good listener, high communication skills
- English (compulsory working language, spoken, read and written); Arabic (useful).
- Ability to travel in West Bank and Gaza and stay overnight.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 15th of January 2018.
PLEASE indicate the reference Log/TTPP/17/01 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.
For Applicants previously applied, please do not re-send your application.