Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the Logistics assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the logistics functions responsibilities.
- Conduct all direct purchase procurement at the level of Gaza area office.
- Assist in preparation of quotations and/ or invitation to bid (ITB) documents, including collection and distribution of documents.
- Assist the procurement requester in receiving of supplies and service, and make sure all the deliveries are according to the contracted technical specification.
- Collect, organizing, scanning, and archiving the procurement documents in accordance with NRC procedures.
- Assist in managing NRC warehouse (if applicable) by ensuring all stocks/materials are received, dispatched and stored properly, stock cards/bin cards are accurately updated and monthly stock reports are produced.
- Conduct the registration of assets and inventories in NRC system, and consistently track and perform physical checks on regular basis.
- Assist in maintaining NRC’s premises and facilities in a reliable conditions through following up on regular repairs and/or when needed.
- Follow up and monitor fuelling of NRC vehicles by preparing and compiling monthly vehicle fuel consumption and carpool reports.
- Assist in maintaining NRC’s fleet by making sure that all vehicles are well maintained and equipped with necessary equipment and documents.
- Provide driving duties through safe and secure transportation of NRC staff and materials in accordance with NRC’s logistics and security procedures, and based on needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Minimum Bachelor degree required, in Business Administration, or other related fields
- Experience from working in Logistics or procurement in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Valid driver’s license
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 12 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة