EducAid is a nonprofit association and non-governmental Italian organization working in the Palestinian Territory since 2003.
In the framework of the project "I-CAN: Independence, Capability, Autonomy, iNclusion. Center for Independent life for People with Disabilities in the Gaza Strip "Palestinian Territories - AID 011.496 and in order to complete building its human resources in the Gaza Strip office, EducAid, announces its need to hire a logistic officer according to the following criteria:
Contract Type: Full Time
JOB PURPOSE To provide logistics support, by assisting to develop, implement and monitor effective systems and supporting the procurement of all items and supplies required for the efficient implementation of the project.
Procurement Systems, Processes & Procedures
- To implement, use and monitor logistics systems, and undertake all procurement activities, in accordance with EducAid policy and procedures, including;
- Requesting for quotes and carrying out quotation analysis as well as raising Local Purchase Orders, in a timely manner as per EducAid procedures.
- Handling required customs clearance requirements, and issues related to the movement of restricted goods
- Preparing and ensuring payment requests are sent to finance on time to avoid late supplier payments
- Receipt of goods and services from suppliers and facilitating transportation of goods to the field.
- Open and maintain necessary logistics and supply files and maintain a complete and comprehensive procurement paper trail for Audit purposes
- Record and follow-up on all pending purchases and related issues.
- Prepare and submit weekly procurements reports to the Project Manager as requested.
- Prepare and submit a monthly report on all procurement activities to the Project Manager.
- Liaise closely with finance in order to understand fully and comply with the payment processes and timing
Supplier Relations & Management
- Assist in identifying and developing good working relations and contacts with appropriate suppliers in the Gaza Strip
- Maintain and regularly review/update a database of suppliers and equipment
- Conduct regular performance assessments and reviews of suppliers to ensure they are working within EducAid acceptable standards and objectives and delivering the service expected
- Support with registering of all assets, inventory and reconciliation by ensuring procured assets information is provided to the Administration section for proper asset management and take part in the asset verifications as and when required.
Technical Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- A diploma in supply & purchasing management or related field
- Minimum 3 year working experience in procurement/logistics role. Experience in humanitarian sector is preferred
- Professional judgement is required especially as the post has a procurement responsibility.
- A good level of understanding of systems and procedures and cost effective ways to enhance delivery of goods and services.
- Knowledge of market and appropriate understanding of quality required to make effective decisions and meet the demands of the project.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential including good networking skills both externally and internally.
- Good written and spoken English essential.
- Ability to work within set deadlines.
- Ability to work in organized manner, to keep records up to date and to follow-up on pending issues.
- Good skills in computer packages: Word, Excel, Access
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Flexibility to work in emergency and under pressure.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Valid clean driving license is advance
Candidates may send their requests in addition to the CV, motivation letter and all the supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected] no later than Saturday 11th of August, 16:00pm2018
Please make sure to mention the position ref. in the subject
People with Disability are strongly encoured to apply for all EducAid position