Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
For a period of 12 months with possibility of extension
In the framework of Action Against Hunger program to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the Logistics Assistant will support the Logistic Officer to ensure that the Gaza Base procurement plan, fleet, safety and security, inventory and equipment are fulfilled. S/He will support to guarantee an efficient and effective operational support to the projects of the Base.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support in the development and implementation of direct purchases.
- Support in the office needs follow up, purchase office supplies and organize the payments of invoices to the suppliers.
- Deal with contractors and suppliers to ensure technical specifications and arrange deliveries, as and when requested by the Logistics Officer.
- Update the supplier and price list of the procurements.
- Deliver and collect quotes, as and when requested by the Logistics Officer.
- Inspect items delivered and deal with contractors regarding back orders and missing or damaged goods, as and when requested by the base logistician.
- Record progress of procurement in the procurement follow up database.
- Prepare procurement requests and supplier purchase orders for the logistics Department (Direct purchase) under the Action Against Hunger procurement rules.
- Supports in the update of the contract follow up.
- Prepares the first draft of the supply chain management documents according to Kit Log.
- Coordinate with suppliers the delivery of the final invoices and deduction from source certificates.
Archiving & Translation:
- Create the files for every purchase dossier.
- Ensure proper hard copies archiving of all logistics documents.
- Ensure proper soft copies archiving of all logistics documents.
- Translate all required documents.
- Deal with the suppliers visits to the office.
- Coordinates the Mail between Jerusalem and Gaza.
- Visit suppliers or projects when request by the Base Logistician.
- Crosscheck the payments with Procurement, contract follow-up and purchase dossiers.
- Supports in the justification of the Logistics Petty Expenses.
- Support the Base Logistician and Logistics officer in development of monthly reports.
- Acting as Logistics Officer during her/his absence.
- Those duties that are inherent to the position and requested according to missions’ needs and context.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in in computer engineering, logistics, business administration, Information technology or any related field.
- Previous experience in IT is an asset.
- Good knowledge of cars maintenance, knowledge of mechanics is a plus.
- At least 2 years’ experience in logistics and procurement.
- Experience with NGOs is a plus.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team worker.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Internet.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 29/11/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.