Job title: Local Coordinator (2 Positions)
- Ramallah office (with frequent travel in west bank and Jerusalem)
- Gaza office.
Project: “Nothing about us without us: Strengthening the role and capabilities of Disable People Organizations (DPOs)” (AID.011869).
Areas: Bethlehem, Ramallah, Nablus, Gaza City and Rafah.
Implementing organization: EducAid
Contract Duration: 1 year contract with 3 months of probation
Project Summary: The project intervenes in Palestine in the areas of Ramallah, Betlemme, Nablus, Gaza City and Rafah, to promote the rights of persons with disabilities (PwD) through the empowerment of the disabled people organizations (DPOs) obtained thanks to a profound capacity building intervention that reinforces the People with Disability skills and capabilities.
The specific objectives are the following:
Strengthen the role and capabilities of Organizations of People with Disabilities (OPD) in promoting the rights of PwDs, especially WwDs, in Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip)
The expected results are the following:
ER1: Increased the ability of Palestinian DPOs to identify, plan and implement interventions for the promotion of the rights of PwDs (and especially WwDs) in WB and Gaza.
ER2: Enhanced the role of DPOs in promoting access to the right to inclusive education and the right to work for PwD (and especially WwD)
ER3: Improved the effectiveness of local DPOs in advocacy and awareness raising on the local and international community with respect to the issue of PwD rights.
Duties & Responsibilities (Job Description):
Working closely with all the Team involved in the project (Project Manager, M&E Officer, Local partners). Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Local Coordinator will be responsible for the financial administration according to the schedule defined by the project.
In particular, the Local Coordinator will:
- Support the Project Manager for the project activity in West Bank, its monitoring and
- Assist the Project Manager in managing the relations with key stakeholders and partners involved
in the implementation of the projects;
- Supervise and monitor ongoing project activities in collaboration with and under the supervision
of the Project Manager;
- Participate in meetings and working groups related to the project representing EducAid in case
the Project Manager could not attend;
- Support the Project Manager in the organization of the workshops and training sessions to be
- Support the Project Manager in mainstreaming project activities and results among donors and
- Report continuously to the Project Manager on the status of implementation of the activities;
- Translate and/or prepare the reports on project implementation to be presented to the donor/other
- Provide ad hoc translations for the EducAid staff;
- Maintain a high level of collaboration and coordination with all EducAid staff and with the local
- In case of impossibility for the Project Manager and EducAid staff to be present in the country,
ensure the implementation of project activities in strict collaboration with the Project Manager;
- Supervise administrative activities related to the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum of 2 year working experience in the field of development;
- A bachelor degree in Development, Social/Political Science or equivalent;
- Perfect knowledge of Arabic;
- Good English writing skills and research ability;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure and against deadlines;
- Previous experience within international NGO is an asset;
- Experience in the disability and/or social business sector is an asset;
- A valid driving license.
- Negotiation, and communication skills combined with high degree of patience and cultural
- Work organization skills;
- Highly organized and able to work respecting deadlines;
- Strong sense of responsibility.
Interested applicants must include (a) A curriculum vitae (in English) provided with three references and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by e-mail to [email protected]
Subject: “Local Coordinator” to the attention of the Country Director, no later than March 2nd 2020.
Applications received will be periodically reviewed and the vacancy could close before the deadline. Only candidates selected for further consideration or an interview will be contacted.