Note: Those who were not able to apply because of a technical problem are invited to send their application again
Implementing organization: EducAid.
Contract Duration: 10 months (December-October 2019)
Job description: Working closely with all the EducAid team in Gaza and under the supervision of the Project Manager and the Gaza Area Manager, the Local Coordinator will be in charge of the implementation of the project activities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Project Manager in the implementation and monitoring project activities;
- Coordinating and supervising peer counseling activities;
- Supervising the peer counselors on data collection;
- Supporting the Project Manager in liaising with local staff involved in the project;
- Supporting the Project Manager in the implementation of project activities (including restoration of buildings, organizing events, setting up a workshop aiming at customize assistive devices, etc.)
- Participating in meetings with local stakeholders;
- Organizing consultations and coordination meetings with EducAid's partners;
- Coordinating different stakeholders (including a mission from an
- Collecting all the relevant data and reporting to the Project Manager;
- Provide ad hoc support to Gaza office when required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Working experience and skills
- University degree in social sciences or similar;
- At least 3 years working with NGOs and/or in the social field (on disability, GBV, etc.);
- Experience managing a small team (4-5 people);
- In-depth knowledge in the field of disability and, in particular, peer counseling techniques and approach;
- Experience in the field of Gender Based Violence would be considered an added value;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent knowledge of Excel;
- Good attitude to teamwork and excellent ability to manage relations with stakeholders;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to collect data, organize it in an systematic manner and present it clearly;
- Ability to create networks, to build relationships and successfully advocate on disability-related topics;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Working experience: at least 3 years.
- very good level of English (written and spoken) is mandatory;
- native knowledge of Arabic;
- knowledge of Italian will be considered an asset.
Candidates are invited to send their CV and motivation letter to the following address before the 23rd December: [email protected]
Persons with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.