Project: “RISE UP – Strengthening inclusive mechanisms for preventing and mitigating Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in Palestine” (AID11264/COSPE/AREAC_SDG/4)
Areas: West Bank Area C (Hebron, Ramallah)
Implementing organization: EducAid, COSPE.
Contract Duration: 6 months (March-August 2019 included).
Project Summary: The project intervenes in Area C of West Bank and Gaza Strip and has the general objective of increasing the level of protection of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and women victims of violence. By empowering the local Disable People Organizations (DPOs) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs), the project aims at promoting the rights of persons with disabilities – and in particular women with disabilities (WWDs) – in order to increase their resilience in emergency situation. In order to do so, EducAid has been implementing peer counselling activities for PwDs in the Hebron region and Gaza strip. Through an innovative methodology, the peer counsellors trained by EducAid will provide PwDs with psychosocial support and contribute to the socio-economic empowerment of PwDs.
The specific objectives are the following:
S.O. 1: To strengthen CBOs, which are focusing on traumas and violation of rights of vulnerable persons living in Gaza strip and in the C area in West Bank, paying a particular attention to women victims of violence, WWDs and PWDs.
S.O. 2: To strengthen the coordination and inclusion of prevention, mitigation and responding measures against gender violence in Gaza strip and West Bank.
The expected results are the following:
ER1: Improved response capacity of CBOs toward the needs of vulnerable target groups to cope with traumas and violence (including rights violations) by introducing a gender approach and disability mainstreaming.
ER2: Improved quality of psychosocial and prevention of violence services available for the population in need (women and PwDs).
ER3: Increased local organizations’ capacity to adopt an inclusive approach in preventing, mitigating and responding to gender based violence.
ER4: A structured multilevel and accessible service of prevention and reduction of the occurrence of gender based violence cases.
Duties & Responsibilities (Job Description):
Working closely with all the Team involved in the project under the supervision of the Project Manager,
the Local Coordinator will be responsible for supervising, coordinating and monitoring the project
activities, according to the schedule defined by the project.
In particular, the Local Coordinator will:
- Support the Project Manager for the project activity in West Bank, its monitoring and
- Assist the Project Manager in managing the relations with key stakeholders and partners involved
in the implementation of the projects;
- Supervise and monitor ongoing project activities in collaboration with and under the supervision
of the Project Manager;
- Participate in meetings and working groups related to the project representing EducAid in case
the Project Manager could not attend;
- Support the Project Manager in the organization of the workshops and training sessions to be
- Support the Project Manager in mainstreaming project activities and results among donors and
- Report continuously to the Project Manager on the status of implementation of the activities;
- Translate and/or prepare the reports on project implementation to be presented to the donor/other
- Provide ad hoc translations for the EducAid staff;
- Maintain a high level of collaboration and coordination with all EducAid staff and with the local
- In case of impossibility for the Project Manager and EducAid staff to be present in the country,
ensure the implementation of project activities in strict collaboration with the Project Manager;
- Supervise administrative activities related to the project.
- A minimum of 2 year working experience in the field of development;
- A bachelor degree in Development, Social/Political Science or equivalent;
- Perfect knowledge of Arabic;
- Good English writing skills and research ability;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure and against deadlines;
- Previous experience within international NGO is an asset;
- Experience in the disability and/or social business sector is an asset;
- A valid driving license.
- Negotiation, and communication skills combined with high degree of patience and cultural
- Work organization skills;
- Highly organized and able to work respecting deadlines;
- Strong sense of responsibility.
Interested applicants must include (a) A curriculum vitae (in English) provided with three references and
(b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by e-mail to [email protected]
Subject: “Local Coordinator” to the attention of Ms. Francesca Annetti, no later than February 20th 2019.
Applications received will be periodically reviewed and the vacancy could close before the deadline. Only
candidates selected for further consideration or an interview will be contacted.