Job title: Local Administrator
Project: “Nothing about us without us: Strengthening the role and capabilities of Disable People Organizations (DPOs)” (AID.011869).
Areas: Bethlehem, Ramallah, Nablus, Gaza City and Rafah.
( Ramallah office with frequent travel in west bank and Jerusalem)
Implementing organization: EducAid
Contract Duration: 1 year contract with 3 months of probation
Project Summary: The project intervenes in Palestine in the areas of Ramallah, Betlemme, Nablus, Gaza City and Rafah, to promote the rights of persons with disabilities (PwD) through the empowerment of the disabled people organizations (DPOs) obtained thanks to a profound capacity building intervention that reinforces the People with Disability skills and capabilities.
The specific objectives are the following:
Strengthen the role and capabilities of Organizations of People with Disabilities (OPD) in promoting the rights of PwDs, especially WwDs, in Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip)
The expected results are the following:
ER1: It has been increased the ability of Palestinian DPOs to identify, plan and implement interventions for the promotion of the rights of PwDs (and especially WwDs) in WB and Gaza.
ER2: Enhanced the role of DPOs in promoting access to the right to inclusive education and the right to work for PwD (and especially WwD)
ER3: It has been improved the effectiveness of local DPOs in advocacy and awareness raising on the local and international community with respect to the issue of PwD rights.
Duties & Responsibilities (Job Description):
Working closely with all the Team involved in the project (Project Manager, M&E Officer, Local partners). Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Local Administrator will be responsible for the financial administration according to the schedule defined by the project.
In particular, the Local Administrator will:
- Prepare the financial documents needed for the Project administration;
- Support the partners in the preparation of the financial documents required from
- Monitor and supervise expenditure after the approval of the PM;
- Tax payment calculation;
- Be responsible of the correct filing of administrative and financial documents;
- Support the PM and the CR in the audit process;
- Be the focal point and responsible for the implementation of administrative and
financial procedure of the project activities;
- Report continuously to the Project Manager on the status of implementation of the
- Translate and/or prepare the financial reports on project implementation to be
presented to the donor/other partners;
- Maintain a high level of collaboration and coordination with all EducAid staff and with
the local partner;
- In case of impossibility for the Project Manager and EducAid staff to be present in the
country, ensure the implementation of project activities in strict collaboration with
the Project Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the field of development;
- Previous experience in administration and financial management;
- A bachelor degree in Administration, Social/Political Science or equivalent
- Good English writing skills;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure and against deadlines;
- Knowledge of INGO procedures;
- Perfect knowledge of Arabic;
- A valid Driving license
- Negotiation, and communication skills combined with high degree of patience and cultural sensitivity;
- Familiar with participatory approach;
- Work organization skills;
- Highly organized and able to work respecting deadlines;
- Strong sense of responsibility.
Interested applicants must include (a) a curriculum vitae (in English) provided with three references and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by e-mail to: [email protected]
Subject: “Local Coordinator” to the attention of the Country Director, no later than March 2nd 2020.
Applications received will be periodically reviewed and the vacancy could close before the deadline. Only candidates selected for further consideration or an interview will be contacted.