Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The Livelihoods Technical Officer is a member of the Urban Displaced Out-of-Camps (UDOC) team under the leadership of the UDOC Programme Coordinator (UDOC PC) in Gaza. The Livelihoods TO supports the development of NRC’s livelihoods ambitions in Gaza, more specifically, leading on livelihood-related assessments in coordination with the UDOC, Education, Protection, Shelter and Cash teams. The TO will also closely track changes in the livelihoods context; support translation of analyses into action; and contribute to new livelihoods programme design in Gaza. The TO will engage with all Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS) related projects, including those under new Education programming and the Gaza Protection Consortium (GPC).
- Coordinate, under the leadership of the UDOC PC and collaborating with other CC teams, a goods and labour market assessment/analysis that will support future project design on livelihoods.
- Responsible for compiling project documentation – collection, verification, filing – of technical activities of LFS assessments and related projects.
- Work closely with the Education teams on future youth skills programming, informing project design and implementation based on gathered evidence.
- Closely track changes in the livelihoods context in Gaza to inform current and future programme implementation and design.
- In coordination with the UDOC PC and other teams in Gaza, develop action plans to implement recommendations from assessments, analyses and briefs.
- Advise the UDOC PC, Area Management and other Gaza programme teams in developing the area program’s narrative on LFS as NRC’s positioning in the LFS operating space.
- Provide technical input to donor proposals, including contributing to their writing.
- Prepare weekly progress reports
- Establish strong working relationship with targeted communities, including local leaders and identification of local focal points.
- Vehicle movement planning according to weekly work plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- At least 3 years of previous experience working as a Project Officer/Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience with specific livelihoods technical activities, preferably including working on labour markets, youth skills, vocational training, business development or related activities.
- Demonstrated experience with conducting technical and vulnerability assessments, including design and coordination of market assessments.
- Experience conducting focus groups, questionnaires, and surveys.
- Experience working in coordination and liaising with many internal and external actors.
- Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively with limited daily support and supervision
- Experience working on the topic of labour, specifically for conflict-affected; displaced persons; refugees and/or other vulnerable groups in Gaza.
- Knowledge of the Gaza and broader Palestine human and economic development context.
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team who are making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 9 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة