Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of Project Manager and in close collaboration with the Livelihood Technical Officer Level 2 (LLH TO L2), the livelihood Technical Officer (level 1) is responsible to support the project teams (HI and partners) in the field of business development, income generating activities and economic inclusion along all phases of the project cycle management, but with focus on projects’ implementation and monitoring.
S/he will be responsible on the development of the IGAs/micro-small businesses lead by HI, supporting the data collection of its visibility studies, list of needs and business plan and provide the necessary coaching and capacity building to ensure the proper development of the beneficiaries’ IGAs. In addition, S/he will be supporting the partner team in implementing activities related to BNFs capacity building, training, business development adapted to persons with disabilities, selection, technical trainings, inclusion aspects, and ad-hoc support.
Responsibility 1: Support the development of tools for the project implementation and contribute to the capacity building of the partners teams.
- Support the Livelihood Technical officer L2 in updating and adopting the project tools related to the business development and income generating activities,
- Plan, support, coordinate, and review the capacity building activities delivered by the service providers among the project activities related to business development and income generating activities, including delivery training packages (training needs assessment tools, training manuals and materials, pre-post training tests, users’ guidelines, etc) to project BNFs.;
- Ensure tools are tested and validated by LLH TO L2 before implementation and that the team and partners are capacitated to apply them;
- Train and provide coaching to project’s partners and relevant actors and stakeholders on the methodologies and tools.
- Support in building partners teams technical competencies whenever needed.
- Provide regular reporting to the Project Manager and regular updates to LLH TO L2 in the field of expertise;
- Facilitate and provide relevant technical experience to project and partner teams in terms of disability inclusion and accessibility, not limited to coaching, mentoring, guidance and consultation services on tools and on field.
- Support project team in identifying and recognizing the accessibility adaptation needed for BNFs to improve their functionality in regards to income generation and mobility.
Responsibility 2: Support the implementation of project activities.
- Support and follow-up the partner team in the implementation of their activities.
- Conduct field visits (verification and follow-up) to project candidates to identify potential project beneficiaries,
- Support BNFs to assess, identify and adapt their livelihood strategies and develop their personalized support plans,
- Support the provision of vocational counselling and foundation skills trainings to BNFs in link with market opportunities,
- Train and support project beneficiaries to develop economically viable and technically sound business plans,
- Evaluate submitted business plans and select BNFs to be supported,
- Provide ad-hoc support to the team during tools use including field coaching,
- Support, review and validate the development of the list of items/tools/materials needed for development of business/IGAs of project BNFs,
- Follow up and guide the in-kind support of targeted YPs to create/develop their income generating activities or to scale up their businesses to ensure efficient use of the support,
- Provision support and coaching to the project beneficiaries to ensure proper implementation of the developed business plans, and identify and tackle the managerial, technical, and marketing skills needed for the success development of their income generating activities/businesses,
- Facilitate marketing, linkages, and networking support provided to project beneficiaries,
- Conduct regular field visits to project areas to provide feedback and support to the teams and partners;
- Providing technical advices to adapt the IGAs tools, material, and furniture for persons with disabilities if any.
- Provide ad hoc disability inclusion advices to project team and partners
Responsibility 3: Contribute to project’s monitoring, lessons learning and reporting
- Collaborate with the LLH TO L2 and MEAL to develop tools to collect data to track and measure progress of indicators and to analyse the collected data,
- Collect data in relation with core tasks and contribute to the measurement of the progress made,
- Support the Project Manager and technical team in analysing the data collected and in identifying necessary adjustments in the project implementation framework to improve the quality and impact of the intervention,
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project,
- Coordinate and monitor partners performance.
- Identify gaps, risks and deviations in activities, tools and information and propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress.
- Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use,
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports,
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review,
- Contribute to the development of lessons learning exercise, data collection and analysis and the production of dissemination documents.
- Facilitate the field implementation of project’s evaluations and of researches.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Job profile requirements:
- Degree in Livelihood, Business management, Economic, social studies, computer science
- Or Any other related qualification, complimented by at least 2 years’ experience in the field of expertise
- Minimum 2 years’ working in the field of expertise
- Other certificates demonstrating continuous professional development
- Strong experience in income generating activities
- Strong communication and monitoring skills
- Strong knowledge about inclusion in livelihood
- Experience working with non-governmental organizations
- Experience in working with persons with disabilities.
- Experience in disability inclusion and accessibility (tools, models, trainings, coaching, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of business creation including business plans (financial, marketing, technical)
- Proven experience in development and provision of training and coaching Income Generating Activities (IGAs)
- Good writing skills
- Ability to work with partners
- Holding valid driving license
- Ability to develop accessible information materials
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period up to 12 months.Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before March 30, 2023 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Livelihood Technical Officer Level 1) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.