CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
Project Officer is under Livelihood Program Manager, s/he also works in close cooperation with SIF staff, partners and other program stakeholders, as in the following:
Monitoring of Project Activities:
- Responsible for technicalsupervision and day-to-day monitoring of project’s activities in close collaboration with project partners according to the project related documents; Monitor assigned project’s activities as outlined in detailed implementation plan in line with SIF Livelihood program quality principles, standards and good practices;
- Conduct regular field visits for monitoring and identifying challenges in the field work to inform the line manager for implementation plans adjustment and provide timely field monitoring report according to SIF monitoring template;
Networking, Coordination and Collaboration :
- Assist project implementing partners in their efforts to achieve the project deliverables and outputs in a timely manner and according to the project implementation plan;
- Support implementation of project activities in a swift and accountable manner and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools;
- Assist Program Manager in collecting and revising the project’s progress reports that are submitted by the partner according to the implementation plans and partnership agreements;
- Work closely with partners’ designated staff to ensure work is carried out according to agreements, plans, and SIF guidelines, rules and regulations;
- Collect information (or assess capacity building needs for partners’ team and design proper and follow up capacity building plan), in coordination with the line manager, to ensure effective implementation;
- Mobilize local stakeholders to facilitate project implementation and inform them regularly about the progress made and the challenges faced
Project Management and Documentation
- Keep organizing and archiving the project’s documentation.
- Assist in identifying information for, success stories, case studies and reports on the implementation of the project activities;
- Participate in the implementation of ad-hoc needs assessments and surveys when requested;
- Assist in providing the field data needed for the development of concept notes and proposals;
- Assist the Livelihood Program Manager in preparing progress, final and any other reports related to the Livelihood Project, as requested;
- Support the PM in developing MoUs and LoAs with the identified partners and stakeholders;
- Attend the partners’ and stakeholders’ meetings and coordination workshops;
- Prepare the minutes of project’s internal and external meetings;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in Business Administration, Agriculture, rural development, environmental science or a related fields and equivalent work experience;
- At least 3 years of experience in the related fields in a similar position within the development of the agricultural sector, agri-business, agricultural livelihoods, and agricultural marketing with national or international institutions;
- Proven relevant filed experience in implementing, monitoring, and supervising agricultural development, agri-businesses and Agricultural Livelihoods projects in normal and emergency settings within the context of Gaza Strip;
- Showing enough flexibility to adopt and implement new approaches and technologies in the development of the agricultural sector;
- Has well understanding of the context of agricultural livelihoods and agricultural development interventions in Gaza Strip and the vulnerability of the agriculture sector in Gaza;
- Has Well understanding of the Safe Agriculture initiatives in Gaza and the application of Best Agricultural Practices and Global and or PAL GAP will be a comparative advantage;
- Sound understanding of project cycle in humanitarian and development context. Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Has well understanding in multidisciplinary approach that focused on (Agriculture development, food security, agricultural livelihoods and marketing of agricultural products);
- Data collection, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Management and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic & English;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel).
Humble and flexible, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, very good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation, and high level of ethics (including confidentiality, impartiality, cultural sensitivity.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 11
- Starting Date: As soon As Possible
- Livelihood Project Officer: (Ref #:2022/07/LHPO)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV;
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references from the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 28.06.2022 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.