Livelihood Program Manager
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Livelihood Program Manager is under the supervision of Programs Manager, s/he also works in close cooperation with all the team in the following:
Need Assessment and Proposal Writing:
- Conduct needs assessment of the current situation in Gaza Strip related to livelihood aspects in order to draw future intervention;
- Participate in writing Livelihood projects high quality proposals.
- Participate in SIF livelihood program strategy development and provide strategic direction;
- Set up methodology of intervention adapted either to rural and urban development in Gaza context;
- Ensure gender equality mainstreaming with regards to the project beneficiaries through effective program strategies.
Supervision of the Implementation of Program Activities:
- Oversee the livelihood project activities and ensure that all resources efficiently used to performance the livelihood program objectives.
- Develop work plans and budget management according to livelihood and agriculture programs outputs and results.
- Track livelihood program budget, prepare monthly forecast, and ensure timely expenditure in line with the implementation progress.
- Cooperate and coordinate with the other SIF intervention sector: Childhood, WASH; Protection/shelter, and Seasonal Project; as well as with operation department.
- Coordinate SIF Livelihood and agriculture activities with Partners and following up and maintain effective and productive relationships with Livelihood Projects partners.
- Represent SIF in regular meeting conducted by food security cluster , Cash working group and other sub working group or related sectors.
Program Team Management:
- Participate to the recruitment of the newly employees.
- Evaluate team members on a regular basis.
- Manage the program team and ensure capacity building to program team and partners’ team.
Monitoring and Evaluation of the Program:
- Work closely with MEAL Manager to ensure successful progress of livelihood program according to program objectives;
- Monitor field activities and regular collection of data and set up corrective actions;
- Assure a good internal follow-up of the projects in accordance with the project cycle, logical framework, timeframe, reporting and the general objectives already fixed;
Reporting, Program Analysis and Reorientation
- Provide program reports that are accurate and timely and meet SIF and donor reporting requirements;
- Prepare monthly, interim, and final program’s reports;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Agriculture, rural development, environmental science or a related background degree required;
- At least 5 years extensive experiences livelihood interventions;
- Multidisciplinary approach: intervention capacity with the different strand of action (Agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development);
- Data collection, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Management and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic & English, French is desirable;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment;
- Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently.
Humble and flexible, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, very good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation, and high level of ethics (including confidentiality, impartiality, cultural sensitivity.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: One year (renewable )
- Starting Date: ASAP
- Livelihood Program Manager: (Ref #:2022/02/LPM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV;
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on13.03.2022 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.