MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution, established in January 1989 and registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA'AN is currently seeking a competent and qualified Livelihood Business Development Specialist (x2) to work in projects currently being implemented by MA’AN Development Center. The projects aim to strengthen the livelihood resilience of vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip through economic empowerment activities. The Livelihood Business Development Specialist will be in charge of the management of the project activities and will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN's Programs Officer.
Contract Type: Limited period HR contract
Expected Start Date: 20 September 2019
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development and implementation of income-generation projects for vulnerable households, mainly in the areas of food production and animal husbandry, through supervising the livelihood assessment process, developing the relevant assessment forms and providing guidance and support for the technical consultants.
- Develop the project plans, including the action plan, procurement plan and cash flow.
- Follow up with the technical advisors (consultants) including agronomists, veterinarians, and business startups advisors during the implementation of the consultancy assignments and provide comments and feedback on the deliverables.
- Coordinate with other departments such as procurement and finance to ensure that the project activities are being implemented smoothly and duly and that the installments of the seed funding are well managed.
- Develop progress and final narrative reports for the project.
- Conduct evaluation for the income-generation projects and develop the related evaluation tools and forms.
- Develop success stories and case studies in both English and Arabic.
- Participate in developing the ToRs for the different consultancy assignments through supporting in desk research and data collection.
- Monitor the performance of the supported income generating activities through conducting regular field visits to the project sites and provide technical and financial advices as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in business administration or any relevant field (masters’ degree is a plus).
- At least 3 years of experience in developing business plans and implementing small-scale livelihood projects for vulnerable households.
- Proven experience in working with vulnerable households from the border areas in the Gaza Strip and broad knowledge about the livelihood sources and requirements of this group.
At least 3 years of experience in the field of economic empowerment and project management.
- Experience in delivering mentoring and coaching services for Income generation projects related to food production and animal husbandry including developing business models.
- Deep understanding and strong knowledge of economic empowerment principles & models and local market requirements and constraints.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Sunday 8th September 2019.