Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter, and WASH.
The purpose of the Legal Protection Officer position is to conduct Legal Protection project portfolio activities in Gaza.
- Implementation of protection monitoring and capacity-building activities ensuring qualitative and timely planning.
- Support NRC Protection Case Management Team in providing assistance and solutions for the most complex cases who requires legal counselling and representation
- Maintain relevant legal knowledge in relation to Housing, Land and Property (HLP) law and Legal Civil Documentation in Gaza
- Provide awareness raising sessions and individual counselling on legal matters
- Conduct regular field participatory protection monitoring and assessments, using as much as possible an age, gender, and diversity approach, in order to fully understand protection concerns and priorities. Assess the resources available to the targeted displaced community to increase their own safety and protection.
- Elaborate on trends and protection situation analysis to feed into monthly reports.
- Lead Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, Household assessments and other protection monitoring activities in line with targets,
- Refer protection cases to the Protection Officer and/or relevant agencies, including updating the database on case referral and follow up.
- Enter data into to Protection database
- Coordinate with other NRC core competencies on activity implementation
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- University degree in field of law, international law or other relevant field
- Palestinian Bar registration desirable
- 3 years’ experience in legal practice
- Good legal writing and drafting skills
- Experience working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good understanding of Protection environment, risks and threats in Gaza
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the context in Palestine
- Some knowledge of English, Arabic fluency
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crises.
Contract duration: 6 months - Subject to funding availability
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
Contact person: Reham Khalaf, [email protected]
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below