Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Perform clinical laboratory activities according to MSF protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- According to medical prescription, preparing and performing clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Centrifuging blood and urine samples.
- Performing laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Taking care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to MSF protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supplying orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keeping organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Reporting all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- Provide quality microbiology services according to MSF osteomyelitis protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment
- Perform microbiological procedures and testing with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols
- Express high level of teamwork spirit, respect based behaviour and productive communication skills as success keys.
- Ensure sharing/passing technical and project related knowledge, information and experience with/to all members of the lab team.
- Share and organize osteomyelitis lab activities with other members of the working team under the supervision of the lab supervisor.
- Perform the proper reception/rejection of samples according to MSF protocols. Coordinate sample reception process with the MSF lab supervisor. Report/discuss any rejection issue in time to/with the MSF lab supervisor.
- Perform proper registry of the received samples according to validated MSF registry systems (hardcopy and electronic).
- Perform all needed technical procedures including media preparation & storing, samples inoculation, samples sub-culturing, isolates-identification testing and isolates-AST testing according to MSF protocols.
- Ensure a written updated track of different stages of sample processing.
- Ensure complete feedback of the results and upcoming technical issues to the MSF lab supervisor on time.
- Ensure reporting of the revealed results in the validated reporting systems before 11:00 AM.
- Keep organized and updated the data collection system of the laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Input sample result reports to the WHONET database so that analysis of available microbiological data can be performed and reports feedback to coordination as well as other relevant departments. Maintain a complete Gaza Microbiology lab database.
- Perform and document all quality control procedures for all laboratory materials, equipment and instruments. Ensure strict implementation and adherence to MSF protocols.
- Report and Document any quality non-conformance and all corrective actions performed in the related MSF forms. Keep continuous feedback and coordination with the lab supervisor.
- Follow up of the proper reception and consumption of the donated lab items.
- Ensure proper storage systems and conditions of the lab materials.
- Fill in the lab inventory in the monthly electronic report.
- Maintain a spreadsheet tool to monitor donations to the lab from Gaza stores and determine consumption on a monthly basis. Data gathered will form basis for the laboratory medical order occurring every three months.
- Fulfil the roster released by the Lab supervisor to keep the lab activities un-interrupted during weekends and national holidays.
- Performing daily cleaning and maintenance, sterilization and washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Applying MSF hygiene and safety protocols. Reporting any safety incidence to the MSF lab supervisor in time.
- Perform project related tasks requested by the MSF lab supervisor and/or MSF stewardship and IPC teams through MSF lab supervisor.
- Report all relevant information linked to osteomyelitis lab activity to the MSF lab supervisor in time.
- Contact the MSF lab supervisor upon any issue linked to the mission
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential Laboratory Technician diploma /degree
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Minimum 2 years microbiology working experience essential.
- Mission language desirable and local language essential.
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with motivation letter, diploma or professional card attached no later than the 08 November 2020 at 16:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘No11/2020 LABORATORY TECHNICIAN-Gaza Project’
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED