Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Private Sector Development Programme (PSDP) of GIZ works towards improving the competitiveness and resilience of the Palestinian private sector. In partnership with key stakeholders and the Palestinian Ministry of National Economy (MoNE), PSDP supports micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) directly and by strengthening the capacities of MoNE and of specialized NGOs and private sector organizations.
As a new focus, PSDP added the EU co-financed project “Green Growth Palestine” (GGP) to its scope and supports the German lead of the Green Economy component within the Team Europe Initiative (TEI) “Sustainable Growth, Jobs and Resilience”. In this context, PSDP supports the transition of MSMEs towards green and inclusive business practices, builds capacities at the MoNE and supporting organizations, and offers a platform for research, knowledge management, information exchange, networking, communication, and monitoring & evaluation for all relevant partners and stakeholders supporting a Green Economy in Palestine.
To support GGP in the fields of knowledge management (M&E) and communication, PSDP is looking for a full-time intern.
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Support the project team and respond to emerging needs of the project
- Organization of and participation in workshops and conferences.
- Getting to know the technical aspects of the project and proceeding with specific tasks in an individual manner, especially in the following areas:
- Digital knowledge management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Bachelor Media and/or in Business Communication or any education relevant to support GGP in the fields of M&E and communication
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing, and reading)
- Excellent working understanding of office IT software, preferably also publishing and communication tools as well as databases; an understanding of artificial intelligence applications is a distinct advantage
- Excellent social media skills (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- First working experience in communication and public relations
- Creative, innovative, energetic
- Fast learner and team player
- Ability to work under pressure
Assignment: Starting 1st of August 2023. 6 months contract.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV, and cover letter, no later than 12th of June 2023 at latest by 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Knowledge Management and Communication Intern PSDP/GGP”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form