Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In the context of German-Palestinian Technical Cooperation, GIZ has been commissioned by the German Government to implement the fourth phase of the “Private Sector Development Program (PSDP)”. The goal of the PSDP is to improve competitivesess in a number of economic sectors.
To support the Program Team at the GIZ Projects Office in Gaza, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Junior Technical Officer- Gaza”
for the implementation of program activities of the PSDP with the private sector partners.
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- support the Senior Programme Advisor in the implementation of project components in Gaza
- puts together an overview of project/programme activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings
- supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results/ updating GIZ databases as required, and Implement site visits as needed.
- assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects
- in consultation with the line manager or experts, prepares and carries out needed research (developing survey instruments, collecting and analysing data)
- assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on programme partners and beneficiaries’ lists
- assembles data on related sectors and partners, as well as related economic indicators
- organises and updates project/programme documentation, the filing systems and the project/programme library
- gather information for M&E purposes (annually and as needed) via surveys, telephone, meetings, site visits, etc..
- supports development of Terms or References (ToRs), lists of service providers and follow up tendering and contracting procedures
- develops specifications for procurement of items, research service providers, and follow up procurement procedures.
- prepares for meetings with partners, service providers, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- prepare fact sheets/ info. for missions and visitors.
- assists with PR work for the project/programme
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in the fields of Industrial Engineering, Design, Economics, Business Administration, Marketing or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in working in the Palestinian private sector or a private sector association or with international organizations in the fields of private sector development.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written), knowledge of German would be an asset;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programme)
- Experience of project management and research experience in an area related to the project’s/programme’s requirements is desirable
- Ability to work within interdisciplinary teams;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Assignment: Starting as of 1st of February 2020
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Please make sure you include the following reference in the email subject “Junior Technical Officer- Gaza”.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than Saturday December 28th 2019 at 4:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form