Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the programme “Train the Trainers”, Germany is making a comprehensive contribution to the field of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in Palestine. One focus of the programme is the pedagogical capacity development of teachers and in-company trainers. These activities also take place in Gaza and require a thorough preparation and support. Within the TVET exposure developed by the Ministry of Education for 7th to 9th and 10th grade, orientation days are designed to allow students to get to know the TVET institutions. GIZ has worked in all parts of Palestine to include life skills learning experiences and tools related to sports and tangible experiences to motivate young people.
In order to support the Train the Trainers Programme in the GAZA office, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Junior Technical Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
Coordination and monitoring
- Puts together an overview of project/programme activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings
- Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results
- Assists with recording and documenting the results of all activities
- Assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects
- Orders and distributes PR materials on the project/programme as well as GIZ PR materials
- Assists with PR work for the project/programme
- Assists short-term experts assigned to projects/programmes in completing their tasks
- In consultation with the manager or expert, prepares and carries out qualitative research projects, on training field staff, organisational preparation in the field
- Establishes a project (trainers) database
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on TVET exposure
- Organises and updates project/programme documentation, the filing systems and the project/programme library
Implementation of project activities
- Develops training materials for TVET exposure and sports
- Carries out training on sports and life skill (TOT)
- Moderates team meetings in connection with sports and life skill
- Prepares with TVET institutions and private sector companies the set up for TTT training measures
- Builds up a network with the TVET actors in Gaza (LET Councils, TVET institutions, companies)
- Is familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures and their changes
- Is familiar with other programme components and GIZ-assisted measures, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff
- Represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf
- Carries out important tasks for the project/programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other experts
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor Education in physical education especially sport for development or any education relevant to the subject of the programme
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant occupational experience
- Initial experience in sports and life skills
- Instructor on different sports and life skills
- Has previous knowledge on TVET exposure through sports
- Event management
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Creative, innovative, energetic, communication and public relations skills
- Fast learner and team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- An international expert training is a bonus
Assignment: Starting 15th of January 2020. Contract until June 30th 2020 - with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 25th November 2019.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Technical Officer-TTT”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form