Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The project aims at strengthening the resilience of the vulnerable and conflict-affected population in the Gaza Strip. Inter alia, the project will strive to achieve its objectives and results through supporting infrastructure measures in the fields of renewable energy and environment. In doing so, the project will work with a number of competent public, and national and international no-governmental organizations.
In order to achieve our mission, we are looking for a full-time (100%), Gaza based:
“Junior Technical Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support to the Strengthening the Resilience of Gaza Population project in the daily technical activities.
- Supports the programme in the areas of renewable energy and green economy,
- Act a focal person for Gender and PR issues.
- Supports the programme in entrepreneurship ideas’ exploration/identification.
- Coordinates with the existing and/or potential local partners, such as CBOs, NGOs, farmers’ cooperatives, etc.).
- Assist in establishing an agile M&E Scheme and performs M&E measures.
- Plans the programme workshops and meetings.
- Supports the short-term consultants and contractors in performing their assignments.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university in the field of economic, engineering, environment, agriculture or related fields.
- Good written and oral command of English and Arabic.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook).
- Experience in event management
- Experience of and ability to work efficiently in remote team collaboration across different regions
- Experience with NGOs/community-based organizations is desired
- Ability to multi-task and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Creative individual with innovative ideas for new interventions and/or approaches
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure
Assignment: Starting immediately. 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form CV and cover letter, no later than 14th of May 2019 at 12:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “JTO – Gaza Project”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
***Attachments: GIZ applicant information form