Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the programme “Demand-Oriented Technical and Vocational Education and Training (DoTVET)”, Germany is making a comprehensive contribution to the field of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in Palestine. The focus of the programme is to make the TVET provision more practice-oriented and fitting the needs of the private sector and thus also attracting youth to take this education path. The three main outputs deal with concrete cooperation projects between educational facilities and private sector, TVET governance and TVET exposure in general schools. The programme’s activities take place in all parts of Palestine. Within the TVET exposure developed by the Ministry of Education for 7th to 9th and 10th grade, orientation days are designed to allow students to get to know the TVET institutions. GIZ has worked in all parts of Palestine to include life skills learning experiences and tools related to sports and tangible experiences to motivate young people.
In order to support the DoTVET Programme in its RAMALLAH office, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Junior Technical Advisor”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
Coordination and monitoring
- Must be able to put together an overview of programme activities, deadlines etc. and present this regularly at team meetings.
- Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results.
- Assists with recording and documenting the results of all activities.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects.
- Orders and distributes PR materials on the programme as well as GIZ PR materials
- Assists short-term experts assigned to the programme in completing their tasks.
- Prepares minutes of meetings and documentation of project activities in different regions
- Assists in drawing up reports and translations
- Assists in collecting, updating and communicating information on the programme’s activities.
- Organises and updates programme documentation, the filing systems and inventory lists
Implementation of project activities
- Actively supports on-the-ground activities, e.g. orientation days or teacher trainings in all parts of Palestine
- Moderates team meetings in connection with sports and life skill.
- Prepares with TVET institutions and private sector companies the set up for DoTVET training measures.
- Is familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures and their changes
- Is familiar with other programme components and GIZ-assisted measures, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff.
- Represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf.
- Carries out important tasks for the programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other experts
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor education in a field related to the programme and ideally candidate has gone through TVET education/training
- Has previous knowledge on TVET
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant occupational experience
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to collect, sort, analyze and report on data.
- Creative, innovative, energetic, communication and public relations skills
- Fast learner and team player
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to conduct extensive work in the field and to travel throughout Palestine.
Assignment: Starting 1st June 2021. Contract until May 31st, 2022 - with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 11th May 2021 at latest 02:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Technical Advisor- DoTVET”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form