Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ is implementing the regional programme “Strengthening Women in Decision-Making in the Middle East” (LEAD) to promote women’s political participation in selected communities in the Palestinian Territories, Jordan and Lebanon. In cooperation with its national partners, LEAD enhances the following complementary areas:
- Empowering women in local politics and local government through trainings, mentoring and micro project funds;
- Promoting a gender-sensitive environment in local governance through the implementation of recommendations based on gender audits of municipalities;
- Strengthening gender platforms and networks that coordinate the objectives and activities of all relevant actors, including civil society.
In order to support the Palestine component of the LEAD programme, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Junior Technical Advisor”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Head of Programme and the Component Manager in carrying out project activities
- Carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of the programme
- Supporting the project management using GIZ´s management model “Capacity Works”
- Supporting coordination with partner organizations (Ministry of Local Government and Civil Society Organizations), and supporting ensuring the quality of partners’ products
- Supporting international expert and consultant missions to Palestine with logistical assistance and translation services
- Supporting study trip missions for partners
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the programme
Coordination and monitoring
- In coordination with the Component Manager putting together an overview of programme activities, deadlines etc. and presenting this regularly at team meetings
- Assisting with recording and documenting the results of all activities
- Assisting with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects
- Ordering and distributing PR materials on the programme as well as GIZ PR materials
- Acting as PR and Communication focal point for the programme and drafting communication products, including presentations, factsheets, success stories, etc.
- Supporting project monitoring and updating information on project progress, documenting and reporting regularly on the status of results
- Supporting collection and analyse of all relevant data, including through surveys and interviews, and feeding it into the programme’s monitoring system
- Supporting coordination of local and regional events (seminars, workshops, conferences)
- Preparing consulting missions technically and logistically, including translation services for international experts
- Drawing up media analyses, participating in forums and public hearings on issues directly connected with the programme (gender, women’s empowerment, local governance)
- Assisting with translation to English and Arabic
- Ensuring that all relevant documents are archived in the document management system of GIZ
Coordinating with partner organizations and relevant stakeholders
- Supporting coordination of regular meetings, exchange formats, workshops, reports, etc. with all national project partners
- Supporting advice to project partners in technical and sectoral issues
- Supporting keeping oversight and following up on the implementation through partners
- Maintaining a good relationship with all project partners as well as other relevant national stakeholders such as ministries, civil society, media etc.
- Following up on consultancy contracts and supporting drafting ToR
- Assisting with reports and translations
- Assisting in communicating, updating and collecting information on project implementation
- Organising and updating programme documentation, the filing systems and the programme library
Other duties/additional tasks
- Being familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures and their changes
- Assisting other experts, if necessary, as translator
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Ensuring constant coordination with administration and providing required documents
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in Political Science, Social Science, Gender Studies, Human Rights Law or any other area related to the programme objectives
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- Practical experience in gender mainstreaming and women’s empowerment, preferably with a focus on women’s political participation
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office 365)
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Experience of project management and research experience is desirable
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Ability to travel if required within Palestine and to other countries
Assignment: Starting 1st of October 2020, 05 months contract (until 28.02.2021) with possible extension until 31st of October 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, actively promotes gender equality in the company, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 24th of August 2020 at latest 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Technical Advisor - LEAD”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form