Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The GIZ Stregthening of Police Structures Programme is seeking to fill the position of
“Junior Project and Logistics Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
The junior officer provides support for:
- The Cluster Coordinator, Head of Programme, Deputy Head of Programme and technical staff in carrying out project activities.
- Support technical staff on technical tasks and field coordination in addition to knowledge. management, research, visibility and documentation in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within the programme, cluster and Governance Admin and Finance Hub.
- Assisting the programme staff in administrative and logistical tasks in accordance with GIZ Admin and Finance requirements and regulations.
Coordination and monitoring:
- Supports SPS team with preparing programme proposals, plans, overviews, and reports, and maintains programme key deadlines tracker etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings.
- Supports project field monitoring, documenting and updating information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results and indicators.
- Assists with planning, organizing, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, trainings, interviews, appointments and other project activities.
- Assists with PR and visibility work for the programme as well as GIZ PR materials.
- Assists short-term experts assigned to programmes in completing their tasks.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of service contracts and grant agreements.
Administration and Knowledge management
- Manage Cluster Coordinator calendar, travel, meetings and other administration related issues.
- Assists the programme team in logistical matters, i.e. procuring office materials and stationery, necessary for arrangements for meetings, workshops etc; according to GIZ Regulations;
- Prepares, transcribes, develops, edits, and distributes agendas and/or minutes of meetings and/or project informational materials;
- Manages correspondence, updates programme contact list and mailing list
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on project activities
- Supports the organization and maintenance of programme vehicles (including; vehicles’ logbook, fuel consumption calculation and renewal of vehicles’ license and insurance);
- Assists in preparing and organizing traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others;
- Assist programme team in producing training certificates and other documents as needed
- Ensures proper documentation/archiving of all component documents on GIZ server, and other archiving systems.
Other duties/additional tasks:
- Represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf
- Assists other experts, if necessary, as translator
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- First university degree in management, development, economics, international relations, human rights or any related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar position including proven experience in logistical support event management.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic, German is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint). multimedia skills (e.g. InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator) is an advantage
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of project coordination and logistics in an area related to the programme’s requirements is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure, self-initiator, multitask, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected],, which includes applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 19th of October 2020 at latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Project and Logistics Officer - SPS”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form