Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the German Palestinian Police Partnership (GPPP) Programme, GIZ will build on the legacy Germany has established with the Palestinian Civil Police throughout the ten years of partnership.
The programme will continue to ensure that the Palestinian Civil Police is empowered to provide security and order in its jurisdiction to the Palestinian population. Its work is based on the principles and values of rule of law and human rights. In this way, the police increase the confidence of the Palestinian citizens in state structures and helps to improve human security and stabilize the region. Based on the above, the programme will support the Palestinian Civil Police’s capacity to carry out professional, citizens-oriented policing.
In order to support the Police Programme, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Junior Project Advisor”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating project activities, develops and maintains an overview of programme activity plans, priorities, and timeframes.
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the programme, research and documentation and document filing in line with GIZ’s rules.
- Assists in drawing up reports and translations.
Coordination and monitoring
- Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results.
- Conduct field visits to monitor programme activity progress and achievement.
- Draws up media analyses, participates in fora and public meetings on issues directly connected with the programme.
- In consultation with the programme team, prepares and carries out qualitative research projects (developing survey instruments, field trials, training field staff, organisational preparation in the field, collecting and analysing data).
- Maintains and continuously the official project database and complementary databases
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on the security sector and the police in specific.
- Organises and updates programme documentation, the filing systems and the programme documents and photos library.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists programme advisors, experts and international consultants, if necessary, as translator.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- First university degree in public administration management, human rights, international cooperation/relations, law, or development.
- 2-4 years of experience in the field of programme coordination, preferably in the security, policing, or governance sector.
- Proven experience of project coordination and research experience in an area related to the programme’s requirements is desirable.
- strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. MS Office, Access, or other database programme), multimedia skills (e.g. InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator) is an advantage
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic, German is a plus.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- ability to work under pressure, self-initiator, multitask, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- is familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures.
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Assignment: Starting June 1, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes The applicant information Form, CV and cover letter, no later than 12th of May 2021 at latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Project Advisor-Police”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form