Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The programme “Strengthening Youth for the Stabilisation of Palestine” (SYSP) supports Palestinian youth and children by strengthening their personal skills and increasing social participation to improve the way they deal with their difficult living conditions. In Gaza, we provide emergency counseling services via mobile counseling teams, telephone and in-person. Together with a variety of Gaza-based organizations, we combine leisure activities with basic psychosocial support measures to promote the well-being of children and youth. SYSP also supports youth to design and carry out initiatives to help their own communities. As part of these initiatives, SYSP works together with its partners to create safe spaces for children and youth. We are a small team of Palestinians and international staff who are passionate about the work we do.
In order to support our work in the field of psychosocial support and project management in Gaza, we are looking for a full-time (100%):
“Junior project Advisor”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the programme advisor in implementing selected projects in the field of psychosocial support in Gaza
- Knowledge management and communications for projects carried out in Gaza
- Responsible for carrying out monitoring and evaluation for the activities in Gaza
- Acting as the interface for administrative work between the staff in Gaza and the administrative staff in the West Bank
Supporting the technical advisor
- Assists in communicating, updating, and collecting information on programme partners and beneficiaries.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and moderates capacity development interventions for GIZ partner’s staff.
- Supports programme advisor in finalizing project proposals and budgets from partners.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars, and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects.
- Regular visits to and communication with partner organizations.
Knowledge Management and Communication
- Supports all forms of external and internal communications.
- Organizes and updates programme documentation and the filing systems
- Develops PR materials on project activities.
- Orders and distributes PR materials on the programme, as well as GIZ PR materials (programme factsheets, various PR materials, PowerPoint presentations etc.).
- Prepares relevant documents and schedules for visitors and delegations (GIZ, BMZ, German politicians and others).
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supports programme monitoring and updates information on programme progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results/ updating GIZ databases as required.
- Gathers information for M&E purposes (annually and as needed) via surveys, telephone, meetings, field visits, etc.
- Supports development of Terms or References (ToRs), lists of service providers, and follow up tendering and contracting procedures.
- Develops specifications for procurement of items, research service providers, and follow up procurement procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, or a similar field.
- Solid understanding of the fields of psychology and more specifically psychosocial support.
- At least 3-years’ experience in the field of psychosocial support, clinical psychology, or project management
- Relevant experience of working in international cooperation or/and in a youth-related context is a precondition.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English. Ability to collaboratively formulate project proposals with partner organizations.
- Experience with civil society, advocacy for marginalized groups (e.g., people with disabilities, youth, women), and community-based organizations.
- Experiences in administration and basic financial management.
- Ability to work in teams, good communication and networking skills, flexibility, and passion for the well-being of young people.
- Ability to work independently and take on responsibility.
- Excellent command of MS Office and social media platforms.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV, and cover letter, no later than 22nd August 2021 at latest 02:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior project Advisor- SYSP”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form