Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The population in the Palestinian Territories is very young: one third is between 15 and 29 years old. The unemployment rate in this age group is just below 50 per cent, and among university graduates even higher, at around 60 percent. With the More Job Opportunities for Palestinian Youth Programme, GIZ aims at increasing the employment opportunities for youth and young adults after completion of market-oriented training. Thus, both the Palestinian Youth and the Palestinian private sector are benefiting from the launch of a dual study programme and the implementation of the short-term courses.
In order to support the More Job Opportunities for Palestinian Youth Programme, we are looking for a full time (100%)
“Junior Project Advisor”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- The team leader, the deputy head of programme and the programme senior communication and PR Advisor, and other experts for whom the junior advisor performs technical tasks
- Coordinating project activities incl. marketing, communications and PR measures in line with the project/programme communication and marketing plans
- Carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of the project/ programme
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project/programme
Coordination, project management and marketing
- Assisting the head of programme in financial monitoring and management measures
- Supporting the overall procurement process for services and goods in line with the GIZ’s rules and regulations, incl. developing ToRs, obtaining offers and support the conclusion of contracts and purchase orders
- Supporting the head of programme to follow up the progress of procurement, contracts and payments
- Ensures that expenses for specific project activities are in accordance with the prevailing provisions
- Puts together an overview of project/programme activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings
- Assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical and marketing aspects
- Prepares Terms of References for international and national consultants according to the technical and conceptual needs, follows up on deliverables and monitors the quality of outcomes
- Develops and creates presentations for the project/programme use as needed.
- Draws up media analysis, prepares press clipping for the project/programme events and participates in public events on issues directly connected with the project/programme
- Orders and distributes PR materials on the project/programme as well as GIZ PR materials
- Assists with PR work for the project/programme
- Supports the development and translation (Arabic/English) of publications and invitation packages (press releases, promotional materials, invitation letters, agendas, needs assessment forms, participation and evaluation forms, etc.)
- Assists short-term experts assigned to project/programme in completing their tasks
- In consultation with the line manager or experts, prepares and carries out needed research, e.g. regarding labour market orientated higher education, international development cooperation in higher education and donor related activities
- In consultation with the line manager or experts, prepares and carries out needed research regarding digital marketing, communication and PR tools
- In consultation with the line manager or experts, conduct market researches as needed, and maintain a project/programme database for potential suppliers and service providers
- Assists in drawing up ToRs, reports and translations and presentations
- Develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders
- Provides technical assistance to local and international experts
- Establishes a project database regarding marketing, PR and communication measures
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on programme partners and beneficiaries’ lists
Implementation of project activities
- Supports development of Terms of References (ToRs), lists of service providers and follow up tendering and contracting procedures
- Develops specifications for procurement of items, research service providers, and follow up procurement procedures
- Implement site visits as needed
- Prepares for meetings with partners, service providers, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Prepare fact sheets/ information for missions and visitors
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in the fields of Design, Economics, Business Administration, Marketing or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in working in the higher education sector and / or with international organizations in the fields of development.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and digital marketing tools (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or another database programme)
- Experience of project management and research experience in an area related to the project’s/programme’s requirements is desirable
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Ability to work within interdisciplinary teams;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Assignment Starting 01.12.2020 until 31.12.2021 with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 30th of November 2020 at latest 4:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Project Advisor-MJO”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form