Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Civil Society Programme aims to strengthen Civil Society Organizations to fulfil their mandate with a special focus on advocating for the rights of marginalized groups within the Palestinian society, e.g. people with disabilities, youth and women. The Programme aims to improve the implementation of the Leave No One Behind (LNOB) principle of the Agenda 2030 on the level of partner organizations and the German Development Cooperation in Palestine as a whole.
In order to support phase III of the Civil Society Programme, we are looking for a full-time (100%) position based in Gaza
“Junior Programme Advisor”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
Coordination and monitoring
- Support the Senior Programme Advisor in the implementation of programme components in Gaza.
- Coordinates closely with the CSP Advisors and Development Workers in the West Bank and Gaza who are jointly responsible for the implementation of the programme.
- Coordinates, facilitates and moderates Capacity Development interventions for GIZ partners staff.
- Supports Senior Programme Advisor in finalizing project proposals and budgets from partners.
- Puts together an overview of project/programme activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings.
- Supports programme monitoring and updates information on programme progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results/ updating GIZ databases as required, and implement field visits as needed.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects.
- In consultation with the line manager or experts, prepares and carries out needed research (developing survey instruments, collecting and analysing data).
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on programme partners and beneficiaries.
- Gathers information for M&E purposes (annually and as needed) via surveys, telephone, meetings, field visits, etc.
- Supports development of Terms or References (ToRs), lists of service providers and follow up tendering and contracting procedures.
- Develops specifications for procurement of items, research service providers, and follow up procurement procedures.
- Organizes and updates programme documentation, the filing systems and the programme library, constant update of contact data base.
Knowledge management and communication
- Gathers and shares information about current policies (e.g. civil society in Palestine, inclusion, gender, youth, implementation of the Agenda 2030).
- Develops PR materials on project activities.
- Orders and distributes PR materials on the programme, as well as, GIZ PR materials (programme factsheets, various PR materials, PowerPoint presentations etc.).
- Assists in drawing up reports and translations (English-Arabic and vice versa).
- Supports all forms of external and internal communications.
- Prepares relevant documents and schedules for visitors and delegations (GIZ, BMZ, German politicians and others).
- Is responsible for GIZ corporate design guidelines and their implementation.
- Is familiar with GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures and their changes.
- Is familiar with other modules of the governance programme and cooperates within the cluster team.
- Represents the interest of the GIZ assisted measures and always acts on its behalf.
- Carries out important tasks for the project/programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in the fields of Social Sciences, Business Administration or a similar field.
- At least three years of proven experience in the required fields of work.
- Ability to work effectively in an intercultural team, as well as, on his/her own.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Ability to work efficiently in remote team collaboration across regions.
- Experience with Civil Society, advocacy for marginalized groups (e.g. people with disabilities, youth, women), and Community Based Organizations.
- Excellent command of MS Office and social media platforms.
- Full proficiency in Arabic and English, knowledge of German is an advantage.
Assignment: Starting 01.03.2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 25th of January 2021 at latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject "Junior Programme Advisor Gaza - CSP”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form