Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Joint programmes under the Sustainable Economic Development Cluster, we are looking for a full time (100%) “Junior Procurement officer”
“Junior Procurement Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- In accordance with GIZ rules and regulations and possibly in consultation with Head Office, assists in carrying out all local procurement of materials and equipment, invitations to tender and order processing below 5000 EUR.
- Assists in Preparing all documents required for local procurements of materials and equipment for amounts beyond 5000 EUR which are done under the responsibility of Country office. Arranges for opening of tenders and participates in openings with Palestine GIZ central administration staff
- Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in the procurement lists
- Responsible for following up delivery times with suppliers and handling delays and problems that may arise before delivery
- Prepares all handing over protocols of equipment and materials
- Checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints
- Ensures with the suppliers the safe transport of goods to destination
- Processing claims for damage to goods when applicable
- Documents and files completed order transactions in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Conduct field visits to beneficiary institutions to establish a communication line with responsible staff/expert for equipment & Procurement
- Keeps records for Assets, updates the status of Assets in case of lost, damaged or discarded in accordance with GIZ rules and Regulations
- Keeps records of Handing over and discarded items
- Ensure the delivery to the final beneficiary by following GIZ rules and regulations
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering or any equivalent studies.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing and reading)
- Knowledge about distance learning and digital tools.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Communication skills.
- Fast learner and team player.
Assignment: Starting 1st of March 2021. 12 months contract with possible extension.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 3rd of February 2021 at 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Procurement officer – SED Cluster”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form