Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The joint Administration and Finance Unit (AFU) in the governance cluster is being created to provide quality services to the entire cluster portfolio. In the future, administrative and finance positions within governance projects will be jointly managed in this facility. The goal is to create administrative and finance services that are result orientated, resilient, flexible and at the same time provide viable development opportunities for admin and finance staff.
Inspired by the GIZ leadership principle of cooperation and leadership, this unit will be led by two managers in co-leadership. While having their own technical areas of responsibility, both managers will share the overall responsibility for the performance of the unit, staff development and quality of services. The spirit of the unit is one of service orientation, high performance and personal integrity.
The GIZ governance cluster is seeking to fill the position of:
“Junior Procurement and Contracting Specialist”
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
Administration and Procurement
- Assist in inviting offers, organize purchase orders, service contracts and events agreement.
- Collects contracting documents, verify them, and draft consultancy contracts.
- Responsible for following up the filing of procurement documents in reference files and electronically in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Support the procurement of goods and services through Country Office and HQ.
- Assists programs partners in preparing financial reports when required.
- Assists in contracting and document verification of local subsidies, financial agreements, and consultancy contracts payments.
- Assists in preparing and delivering financial trainings to Governance Cluster partner organizations.
- Is involved in annual preparation for internal control and meeting GIZ’s IC rules.
- Follow up cluster programmes asset and inventory lists, conduct physical material check and prepare handover protocols and disposal forms.
- Assist in managing inventories in line with P&R, HQ and internal control (IC) requirements.
- Follows up and records sold, disposed and handed over items.
- Prepares handover protocols of material goods and equipment handed over to partners.
- Prepares and organises information materials for the line manager and assists in preparing financial reports for the programmes when required.
- Establish contact with various department personnel to solve mutual problems, develop and improved services.
- Informing Advisors and technical staff on GIZ financial and administrative guidelines and ensuring compliance with them.
- Deputize other admin staff in the AFU.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the requested by line manager.
- University degree in accounting, finance, administration or any management related study.
- 3 years of professional experience carrying out similar tasks in a similar organization.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. German is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet).
- Willingness to take responsibility for processes.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
Assignment: Starting ASAP
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] , which includes Applicant Information Form, CV, and Cover Letter, no later than 12th of February 2023 at latest 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Procurement and Contracting Specialist”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form