Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The programme “Access to the Labour Market - PALM” aims to improve the employment situation through comprehensive measures of active labour market policy. It focuses on Improvement of information available on evidence-based steering of regional labour markets, strengthening capacities of local key stakeholders to offer gender sensitive employment services for wage employment, self-employment, and entrepreneurship, and coordinating the active labor market policy process among the relevant multi-stakeholders.
In order to support the programme, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Junior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Support the M&E implementation processes in West Bank and Gaza for PALM I
- Develop, update, and maintain programme M&E plan based on the programme results framework in line with GIZ M&E and reporting guidelines.
- Ensure and follow up the comprehensive data collection and developing the necessary database and surveys considering the data protection aspects
- Contribute to all M&E aspects regarding the closure of PALM I
- Advise on the M&E reporting of programme activities
- Support the programme senior staff to advise the partners in implementing M&E systems in accordance with programme implementation and finalization
- Organizes and updates programme documentation (MS team, DMS, share point), the filing systems and the programme documents and photos library as an important corner stone for the knowledge management of PALM I.
- Organize monitoring workshops and events internally and externally
- In addition to all other responsibilities outlined in the detailed job description
Planning, coordination, and monitoring:
- Update, maintain, and modify monitoring and evaluation plans and reporting systems
- Support the senior staff in leading the development of programme M&E in West Bank and Gaza
- Support the senior staff in programme monitoring and updates information on progress, documents and reports regularly on results for the programme team and key partner
- Contribute to formulating programme action plans
- Monitor the development, review and implementation of programme plans and activities as well as reviewing reports, set recommendations, and monitor the quality outcomes
- Support the senior staff to develop and organize quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives
- Conduct monitoring visits to the partners in coordination with the senior staff
- Provide regular updates to programme management and technical team on M&E status, including deliverables, deadlines, and any other concerns.
- Provide periodic update on programme indictors achievement and advises on refining programme activities accordingly
knowledge management and networking:
- Advise the team and share the knowledge on M&E processes required for planning the implementation of measures
- Provide input to regular reporting, organizes and updates programme documentation into a filing system and manages the web-based evaluation and monitor tool
- Develop and maintain contact with all important stakeholders throughout the components, including programme partners and other entities, e.g., the NGOs
- Represent the programme in the different M&E coordination platforms on the cluster level
- Maintain strong communication and information between the PALM programme, the other Cluster programmes, and the different implementing partners and NGOs
General tasks and obligations:
- Is familiar with GIZ rules and regulations regarding implementation of programmes from the M&E perspective
- Is familiar with overall programme strategy and approaches, other programme fields of action and work packages within the cluster
- Represents the interests of GIZ and the programme and acts on its behalf
- Performs other duties and tasks as requested by the management and the superiors
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experiences:
- Bachelor Education and/or in Business Administration or any education relevant to the subject of the programme
- At least 1 year of professional experience in M&E (design, implementation)
- Work experience in defining and developing the relevant M&E tools and instruments
- Proven experience in the sector of labour market is desirable
- Good knowledge with GIZ M&E instruments, methods and strategies, guidelines and designing gender sensitive M&E systems
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office) \
- Good management and organizational skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written), knowledge of German is an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Willingness to travel in the West Bank
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Familiar with GIZ planning, implementation, and reporting procedures
Assignment: Starting 01st of February 2022, 8 months contract ending 30th September 2022
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one-page cover letter, no later than 26th Jan 2022 at latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer-PALM”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form