Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the IT department in the coutry office, we are looking for a full-time (100%):
“Junior IT Specialist”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Supporting in Installing, configuring, and maintaining hypervisor environment.
- Supporting in the installation of the network components such as the switches and access points.
- Supporting in Maintaining the GIZ infrastructure including the LAN, WAN and GIZ Palestine wireless networks.
- Supporting the IT team to ensure that the IT systems in use comply with guidelines relating to IT and data security according to ISO/IEC 27001 certification.
- Supporting in creating and updating the technical documentation for reference and reporting for the configured network.
- Supporting in VoIP end point installation and configuration.
- Help in providing and managing IT support for the entire staff operating in the country including resolving technical problems, prepare IT specification, and open IT tenders.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BSc in computer science I Computer Engineering
- 1-2 years of experience in technical support.
- Excellent experience in windows environment operating system
- Excellent experience in the back office applications (e.g MS office 365)
- knowledge in networking, routing, and switching.
- Certification such as CCNA, ComptiaA+, Windows Fundamentals, MS office certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with IT hardware and the software used and computer network systems. Knowledge of Hardware and virtual servers' installation and configuration.
- knowledge in creating network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network.
- Communication systems and to learn new technologies.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- knowledge in the hypervisor installation and configuration such as (Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix Xen-server) .
- Knowledge of databases (MySql, SQL) is a plus.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, flexible and able to work with people from different backgrounds, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (speaking, writing, and reading)
- Creative, innovative, and energetic
- Fast learner and excellent team player
Assignment: Starting 1st of September 2023. 12 months contract with possible extension.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 20th of July 2023 at latest by 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior IT Specialist”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form