Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Program ‘Access to the Labour Market’ PALM, is tailored to address the Palestinian Labour Sector, targeting all job-seeking Palestinians with a focus on university graduates and women from the labour market supply side, and at the same time Palestinian private sector from the labour market demand side. The overall objective is to provide better access to the labor market for job seekers (matching).
Based on PALM’s Communication Strategy different activities and interventions are planned to be implemented reaching at increasing the visibility of the GIZ program in the labour sector.
To support the GIZ office in Ramallah, we are looking for a full time (100%) :
“Junior Communication Advisor”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
Coordination and monitoring
- Assists in coordination of all communication activities, deadlines, etc. and puts an overview of activities and presents this regularly at team meetings
- Supports the PR marketing monitoring and updates information on promotion progress project progress, deliverables and reports regularly on the status of results
- Supports the overall procurement process for PR services in line with GIZ’s rules and regulations, including developing the TORs, evaluation processes and conclusion of contracts.
- Assists with recording and documenting the results of all activities
- Draws up media analyses, prepare press clipping for the project/programme events- and participates in public events on issues directly connected with the project/programme
- Orders and distributes PR materials on the project/programme as well as GIZ PR materials
- Assists with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects
- Supports the development and translation (Arabic/English) of publications and invitation packages (press releases, promotional materials, invitation letters, agendas, needs assessment forms, participation, and evaluation forms, etc.)
- Represent the program in relevant PR and marketing working groups (internal and external)
- In consultation with the manager or expert, prepares and carries out needed research projects, e.g. related to the labour/employment sector, international development cooperation in employment and donor related activities
- Assists in drawing up presentations, TORs, reports and translations
- Establishes a project database with regards to communication measures, produced outputs and introducing storage and archiving systems and library
- Develops and maintains contact within the team and all-relevant stakeholders
- Organises and updates project/programme documentation, the filing systems
Implementation of the Communication Program Strategy
- Supports in development of the TORs, list of service providers and follow up tendering and contracting procedures
- Develops specifications for procurement of times, research service providers and follow up procurement procedures
- Prepares for the meetings with partners, service providers, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
- Prepares fact sheets and information
- Moderates team meetings
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other experts, if necessary, as translator
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form