Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the “Private Sector Development Programme”, we are looking for a
Junior Administrative Officer (80%-Part-time)
The Junior Administrative Officer is responsible for:
- Provides administrative / secretarial support for the program such as answering the phone, sending faxes, assisting and guiding visitors, assist in translation of documentation;
- Responsible for all petty cash payments in accordance with GIZ OuR
- Assist the Head of Programme Administration in daily management of program administrative and financial issues
- Assist the Head of Programme Administration in organizing business trips including purchasing tickets, hotel accommodation, and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and travel expense calculation.
- Organizing workshop logistics including hall reservation, etc…
- Vehicles which includes vehicles’ log, fuel consumption calculation and renewal of vehicles’ insurance, etc…
- Prepare VAT refunds requests
- Organize and maintain inventory of the office, office equipment and vehicles.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for the Team Leader
- Prepares, transcribes, composes, types, edits, and distributes agendas and/or minutes of meetings;
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other soft and hard documentation for the PSDP Program.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
- College or University degree in accounting, finance, administration or any related field of study
- 2-4 years’ experience in similar position
- Fluent in English and Arabic. German is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Assignment: Starting ASAP
The position is currently announced as part-time job, with working time from Monday through Thursday. GIZ reserves the right to change it to full-time job depending on the program’s needs in the future.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 5th August 2018.
Kindly state in the email subject ”Junior Administrative Officer- PSDP”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.