CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission with a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
Gaza Strip Office – Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Gaza Strip Office has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. Gaza Strip Office- Palestine Mission also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The IT Officer is under the Logistics Manager, responsible for all IT aspects, and s/he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following:-
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure;
- Monitor network & its related devices, to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users;
- Provide technical and operational support to Gaza Office projects and staff members to help resolve issues;
- Set up/Manage users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues;
- Identify and prioritize IT needs for Gaza Strip office in each financial year;
- Review and formulate the specifications and cost estimates of IT systems, equipment and tools;
- Report status of all IT procurement and stock quarterly to Logistics Manager or whenever needed;
- Manage software licensing;
- Maintain data and network security & confidentiality;
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Manage/Maintain email and internet access for SIF staff;
- Support/Manage existing/new server and administer access rights for all users in the office;
- Monitor SIF closed circuit television system;
- Maintain & keep SIF data bases in regular and crises circumstances;
- Maintain and follow up SIF internal communication/phones network;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Programming, or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years’ experience relevant to networking, databases and servers management;
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software;
- In depth technical knowledge of PC hardware;
- Experience with high-quality digital imaging;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends;
- Self-driven and motivated personality;
- A logical approach to complex problems;
- Enthusiasm for continual learning;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations;
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach, and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: One year (renewable)
- Starting Date: 01.12.2019
- IT Officer : (Ref #: 2019/06/ITO)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:-
- Their CV,
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent no later than 02:00 p.m. on 23.10.2019 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer