Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
This position at the GIZ Country Office Ramallah is a new position in the IT department, completing the current structure of the already existing and well-functioning unit. An experienced IT officer is required and capable to provide technical support on the company scale in the information technology field. The IT officer shul empower the existing systems and works with the IT team on developing new systems and working with team spirit under the supervision of the IT unit manager. The IT officer reports directly to the IT unit manager.
In order to support the GIZ in the information technology field, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Providing and managing IT technical support for the GIZ staff.
- Maintaining the computer networks in all GIZ facilities.
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems.
- Assisting the Team in the new software analysis and design.
- Assists in purchasing and maintaining hardware (notebooks, printers, digital cameras, scanners, servers and all PCs) in accordance with current GIZ standards
- Maintains existing hardware and upgrades any that have become obsolete
- Analyzes needs and network requirements to create the appropriate design
- Configures and manages the Virtual LANs and switches
- Tests networks for weaknesses or potential sites of compromise
- Ensures licenses are up to date
- Consultation with IT Manager, helps purchase and improve hardware and networks, assists with testing new hardware systems, and helps in identifying options for upgrading existing systems and peripherals
- Onboards users to network
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Software Development
- Produces clean, efficient codes based on specifications.
- Verifies and deploys programs and systems.
- Gathers and evaluates user feedback.
- Recommends and executes improvements.
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Helps maintaining all GIZ standard software (e.g. APS, AMS, MS Office, WinPACCS, SAP) for the staff operating in the Country Office and Program Houses
- Helps maintaining the updates of antivirus software and windows operating system for the Staff operating in the Program Houses.
- Assists in developing and maintaining the existing web applications by preparing the proper infrastructure.
- Assists in developing work-related digital tools according to the needs.
- After consultation with the IT Manager, makes necessary modifications to the existing and planned web applications and digital tools.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BSc in computer science/ Computer Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in computer networks.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Familiarity with IT hardware and the software used and computer network systems.
- Knowledge of Hardware and virtual servers’ installation and configuration.
- Experience in the Juniper and cisco switches and firewalls configuration and management.
- Certification in one or more of the following fields is a plus (MCSE, MCSD, MOS, CCNP, Juniper).
- Ability to create network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Experience in the hypervisor installation and configuration such as (vSphere, Citrix Xenserver).
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g. C++, Java or other languages) and frameworks/systems.
- Knowledge with databases (MySql, SQL) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience in Linux OS and Apache web server.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Assignment: Starting 15th of October 2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached application information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 26th September 2019 at 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “IT Officer”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.