Job Title: Infection Prevention Control (IPC) Technical Advisor
Department: Program Team
Reports To: Project Director
Location: Jerusalem, West Bank or Gaza
CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of health, humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its offices in Jerusalem, the West Bank, and Gaza. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
CRS is working to mitigate the spread and impact of COVID-19 in Gaza and the West Bank. The program has two key components: 1) supporting health facilities to provide safe essential health care during COVID-19; and 2) supporting vulnerable households to practice safe behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19. CRS is working in close coordination with the Ministry of Health of the Palestinian Authority and the Health Cluster on this response.
The Technical Advisor will provide Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) technical advice, supportive supervision and training for the Covid-19 Emergency Response project across Gaza and the West Bank, in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices, to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead capacity strengthening initiatives in IPC for targeted Healthcare Facilities (HCFs) by developing and refining all IPC tools and training materials and supporting trainings and supportive supervision to ensure appropriateness of IPC measures across targeted HCFs.
- Lead technical discussions for strategic planning and how to apply IPC standards, best practices, and IPC-related monitoring and evaluation, helping to ensure high-quality implementation.
- Contribute to IPC technical discussions with donors, peer organizations, and other institutions, participate in forums in the area of IPC to collect and share best practices and promote CRS’ work.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Health (MoH) of the Palestinian Authority (PA) on IPC technical discussions.
- Coordinate with WHO, UNICEF, and other relevant national actors on IPC technical aspects of the response.
- Collect and analyze program data, capture and share lessons learned and best practices for the project to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to learning.
- Contribute to the development of the technical design for proposals, reports and resource documents. Support the process of preparation, design, submission and approval and advise project teams on integrating donor strategies, priorities and technical requirements into CRS’ approach.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master's Degree in health-related field required.
- Minimum of ten years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with relevant field-based experience in IPC.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in IPC. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience designing and delivering trainings on IPC.
- Experience in project design and proposal development a plus.
- Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and government and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
Required Languages – English and Arabic fluency required.
Travel – Travel within the West Bank, Gaza and Jerusalem required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Managers and project teams, HCF Coordinator, Head of Programs, MEAL staff.
External: MoH of the PA, HCF staff, Health Cluster, peer agencies.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
المسمى الوظيفي (IPC) Technical Advisor
آخر موعد للتقديم 03 - Apr - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني إدارة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 10 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
APPLICATION INSTUCTIONS: Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are invited to complete an application which addresses the positions requirements. In order to be considered for the position, candidates must submit both a CV and a cover letter, in English. Applications which fail to meet these requirements will not be considered. Applications must be submitted online at jobs.crsjwbg.org and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This posting will remain open until filled, however, submission by Saturday, April 3, 2021 is strongly advised.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
(MEAL) Project Officer
Family Engagement Specialist
Supply Chain Monitoring Officer
Special Education Therapist
Field Officer (COVID-19 Response)