Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Perform oral and written translation, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective and fluent communication between MSF staff and local population.
Place of work: MSF- Gaza office -HR Department
Starting date: 01/11/2021
No of Jobs: 1
Working Hours: 5.5 hours per day, 127 hours per month (70% Activity Rate).
Contract Duration: 3 months contract, possibility of renewal.
Required Travel: No travel will be required but mobility across Gaza may be requested based on operational needs
Main Responsibilities of the position:
- Translate documents from / to mission language into a local one upon request.
- Translate discussions / meetings as requested
- Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities and MSF staff participating in discussions.
- Ensure that confidentiality of all translations is maintained as directed by the Mission/Project coordination team.
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
- Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
- Assist the HR Department with daily administration tasks (filing, photocopying, archive, communication)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Desirable official translator degree (English language)
- Minimum one-year previous working experience as an Interpreter required
- Experience in medical translation will be an addition/desirable.
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Native Arabic and Fluent English essential
- Result oriented.
- Service Oriented
- Cultural Awareness
Applicants must show their willingness by submitting an updated CV with Motivation Letter, Diploma and Certifications attached, no later than the 13 October 2021 at 16:00 pm to the following email address
stating the job title in the subject line:
‘INTERPRETER- Gaza Project’
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND WITH THE ABOVE MAIL TITLE WILL BE CONSIDERED