Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the GIZ office in Ramallah, we are looking for an intern in the Risk Management Office. The Risk Management Office is responsible for minimizing the safety risks for the implementation of the German Development Projects, by operating in the following areas: providing information and advice; fleet management and coordination of domestic business trips; crisis preparedness and crisis management. Thorough data gathering of security incidents for sound analyses is an integral component to achieving the continuity of the GIZ development goals in the Palestinian territories.
In order to support the GIZ Office at the German House we are looking for a
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
The intern is responsible for:
- Enter the data base of security and political developments in the gateway by writing and giving a daily/weekly analysis.
- Assist security advisor in organizing logistical aspects for meetings, conferences, trainings, workshops and continuous education.
- Familiarize with the technical aspects of the project and follow-up on daily security incidents update.
- Assist in any other administrative and research-related tasks as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Enrolled student or recent graduate in political science, international studies or equivalent field
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email)
- Fast learner, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organized and motivated.
Assignment: Starting 01 July 2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 20.06.2019 at 12:00pm.
Kindly state in the email subject “Internship- RMO.” Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
***Attachments: GIZ applicant information form