Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
To support the GIZ office in Ramallah, we are looking for an intern for the Program ‘Access to the Labour Market’ – PALM. The Program is tailored to address the Palestinian Labour Market sector, targeting all job-seeking Palestinians with a focus on university graduates and women from the Labour market supply side, and at the same time Palestinian private sector from the Labour market demand side. The overall objective is to provide better access to the labor market for job seekers (matching).
Based on PALM’s Communication Plan different activities and interventions are planned to be implemented reaching at increasing the visibility of the GIZ program in the labour sector.
To support the GIZ PALM office at the Program House we are looking for an intern:
‘Internship – Communication Assistant’
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- General administrative tasks in the project office related to Communication Measures for PALM
- Assist in the organization and meetings of conferences and workshops.
- Getting to know the technical aspects of the project and proceeding specific tasks in an individual manner, especially in following areas:
- Assist in defining and finetuning the overall communication plan
- Establishing a database of all produced visual materials
- Market research and mapping of main contractors in the field of communication
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Bachelor Student at the third or fourth years of University or recently graduated in and/or in Business Administration, Communication, Journalism, or any education relevant to the subject of the programme
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing and reading)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Creative, innovative, energetic, communication and public relations skills
- Fast learner, self-initiator, focused, creative, team-player, handles work under pressure well, and motivated
- Residing in Ramallah area is an advantage
Assignment: Starting 1st of July 2021 for 6 months
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 31st of May 2021 at latest by 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Communication Assistant - PALM”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form