Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe
In order to support the GIZ office in Ramallah, we are looking for an intern in the Risk Management Office. The Risk Management Office is responsible for minimizing the safety risks for the implementation of the German Development Projects, by operating in the following areas: providing information and advice; fleet management and coordination of domestic business trips; crisis preparedness and crisis management. Thorough data gathering of security incidents for sound analyses is an integral component to achieving the continuity of the GIZ development goals in the Palestinian territories.
In order to support the GIZ Office at the German House we are looking for a
“Internship- Analyst Assistant”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
The intern is responsible for:
- Assist the Analyst to enter the databases of security and political incidents into the GIZ digital gateway on daily basis.
- Enter the databases into an online mapping system.
- Double check the accuracy and quality of the databases entered daily basis.
- Gain familiarity with the Palestinian security challenges.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in political science, international studies, or geography.
- A Masters’ degree candidate or a soon to graduate B.A. student from the above fields.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Excellent writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Knowledge and familiarity of the geographical locations and maps are an advantage.
- Fast learner, self-initiator, focused, service oriented, friendly personality, handles work under pressure well, motivated.
- Residing in Ramallah area is an advantage.
Assignment: Starting 15th, February 2020.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], whish includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 24th, January 2020 at 12:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Internship-Analyst Assistant” Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form