PREMIERE-URGENCE INTERNATIONALE (PUI) is an international, non-religious and non-profit French organization intervening in 20 countries worldwide to provide a global response on the fundamental needs to victims of humanitarian crisis from the emergency to the restoration of their autonomy and dignity.
PUI received generous fund from British Council – Cultural Protection Fund- to implement a project titled: “Protection, Preservation and Promotion of Gaza Strip Historical Archaeological Sites”.
For that purpose, PUI is seeking for PAID INTERNSHIP (TRAINING) - according to PUI’s internship policy.
Number of Interns: one (or more according to project’s needs)
Duration of contract: 6 months
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Tasks and responsibilities:
General assistance operation team:
- Follow up the attendance of skilled, unskilled workers and students working on the archaeological sites,
- Assist the sites manager in organizing training sessions for students of architecture and archaeology departments,
- Assist sites manager in the organization of donor field visits,
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation assistant in monitoring training sessions,
- Assist PUI’s Senior field officer in supervising architectural works in the two sites,
- Assist sites manager in the purchase of materials and equipment necessary for the successful completion of the project,
- Liaise with logistic department for required procurement concerning sites visits,
- Assist in organizing onsite visits for pupils, students and general public,
- Prepare educative materials and distribute to visitors,
- Assist sites manager in Organizing awareness sessions on the importance of cultural heritage in GS for local communities,
- Provides progress reports as needed,
- Assist sites manager for in writing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports in English and Arabic,
Required knowledge and skills:
- University degree in architecture sciences,
- Newly graduate ( 2016-2017) with a minimum average grade of 85%
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic: French is desirable,
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects’ activities.
- Self-motivated, diplomat, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project and the Internet.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality.
PUI is caring to offer a remuneration and benefits package commensurate to the Palestinian labor market.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume including 2 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please submit your application before December 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM, by sending an email to:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.