Job Announcement: Internal Communication Consultant
The Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network (PNGO) is an umbrella network consisting of more than 140 national civil society organizations (CSOs) in both the West Bank and Gaza Strip. PNGO develops and reinforces long-term networking, coordination and cooperation among members, civil society platforms and coalition building at the national, regional and international levels. Nonetheless, the space for civil society in Palestine has been shrinking: a trend that must be reversed. In light of this, PNGO is currently implementing EU external action “SHORAKAA: Enabling the Environment of CSOs in Palestine and Participation of Grassroots Organizations in Decision Making Process and Constituency Building.”
The project aims to address the escalating trend of shrinking civic space evident within the Palestinian context. The main objective of the EU-funded project is to uphold and solidify the role of the Palestinian civil society and the Palestinian grassroots in developing, organizing and mobilizing initiatives and efforts to combat the shrinking civic space at the local and EU/EUMS levels.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
This mechanism is a manual including roles and responsibilities, types of information, audience segmentation, communication tools and methodologies, action plans and monitoring forms…etc, that will guarantee smooth flow of information between all members of PNGO at all levels. This is an internal mechanisms’ manual that will be used for the organization of communication between PNGO and the sectoral committees and Civil Society Council in West Bank, Gaza Strip and Jerusalem.
The advocacy and communication tools and practices are essential in the project implementation on the national and international level. Hence, PNGO is looking for an internal Communications Consultant to take a role in creating an effective communication mechanism to connect PNGO member organizations and other civil society platforms. This is an internal mechanism manual that will be used for the organization of communication between PNGO and the sectoral committees and Civil Society Council in West Bank, Gaza Strip and Jerusalem. This mechanism essentially includes, but not limited to, a manual including roles and responsibilities, types of information, audience segmentation, communication tools and methodologies, action plans and monitoring forms…etc., that will grant PNGO and its members much higher levels of exposure and recognition, at the international level.
- Develop and design a communication manual or toolkit including roles and responsibilities, types of information, audience segmentation and communication tools, among other things.
- Identify internal stakeholders, including key contacts relevant to advocacy and human rights, such as civil society organizations, political actors and the mass media to assist in the implementation, communication and promotion of the project and PNGO’s purposes and activities.
- Work alongside PNGO’s project team to ensure a coherent approach and alignment between the wider public campaigns and local Palestinian CSOs.
- Work directly with the Advocacy and Communication Specialist and Project team at PNGO in writing and designing the communication manual to ensure consistent communications messaging.
- Use open and transparent communications to manage, meet and anticipate a trusting relationship between PNGO, CS platforms and coalitions.
- Collect data for internal advocacy including development of key messages, external influences and succession planning, and ensure organizational depth to meet present and future PNGO’s needs.
Experience and Skills Essential
- The consultant should have a relevant Master’s degree and background in journalism/or communication /or other relevant fields and an ability to work with a diverse range of colleagues.
- Demonstrable experience of advocacy work, preferably with Palestinian civil society organizations or bodies relevant to the human rights.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current social media communications.
- In-depth understanding of the issues facing Palestinian CSOs at the local and international level; including increase in ‘international protection’ and counter-terrorism policies and laws against Palestinian CSOs.
- Experience in communications, including developing and/or implementing a wide-ranging communications strategy.
- Excellent written communication and editing skills, particularly conveying legal or technical information for diverse audiences.
- Ability to produce inspiring and engaging content.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written).
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined, with the ability to work with autonomy, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
Please attach your resume, as well as a cover letter of max. two pages (including your availability and rate per day) in an email to Jobs@pngo.net Please put “Internal Communications Consultant” as the subject line.
The deadline for applications is July 10th 2022.