Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Technical Cooperation project "Strengthening a Demand-Oriented Technical and Vocational Education and Training (DoTVET)” in the Palestinian Territories is one module in the German development programme “Sustainable economic development, employment promotion and education". DoTVET is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-financed by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD). The duration of the project is from February 2021 until January 2024.
The project aims at aligning vocational education and training more closely with the needs of the private sector and making it easier for young people to enter the labour market. In cooperation with TVET institutions, the private sector, TVET line ministries, the TVET commission and DoTVET continues to develop demand-oriented vocational education and training based on the needs of both companies and apprentices. It improves the employability of young people by working in three areas of activity: expanding cooperation with the private sector, directing education policy and expanding career advice and vocational guidance.
DoTVET programme has TVET ideas competition where tens of projects are being implemented with TVET and private sector institutions in all the Palestinian governorates in cooperation with the Local Employment and TVET Councils.
To support the GIZ DoTVET team we are looking for an intern:
“Internship – Vocational Training and Labour Market Assistant”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- General administrative tasks in the project office related to TVET ideas competition and the other projects components.
- Assists in processing the procurement, service contracts requests, …
- Assists in following up/preparing related documents and data.
- Supports field activities:
- Curriculum development activities and workshops
- Capacity building measures for the beneficiary institutions.
- Awareness events and activities
- Assists in organizing the knowledge management and the filling system.
- Any other tasks related to TVET ideas competition
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- Bachelor Student in the third or fourth years of university or recently graduated in Business Administration or Engineering or any field relevant to the subject of the programme.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing and reading), German is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams).
- Multi-tasking ability and understanding of project management in the field.
- Professional communication and collaboration skills with public and business partners in the field
- Attentive and dedicated, driven by high quality and promptness.
- Hands-on, pro-active and energetic with structured and creative approaches for results.
- Flexibility of working times and readiness to explore and put into value field work.
- Fast learner, self-initiator, focused, creative, team-player, handles work under pressure well, and motivated
- Residing in Ramallah area is an advantage.
Assignment: Starting 01.03.2022, for six months.
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes attached applicant information form, the CV, and a one-page cover letter, no later than 24th February 2022 at the latest 04:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Intern - Technical Assistant – DoTVET”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form