Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
To support the GIZ office in Ramallah, we are looking for an intern for the Program ‘Transitional Development Assistance East Jerusalem Project’ – TDA- EJ . The project aims to improve technical, individual, and institutional capacities of relevant actors to strengthen social cohesion of young persons in marginalized neighborhoods affected by multiple vulnerabilities. This objective will be achieved through activities in the following components: (1) increasing the employability of vulnerable Palestinian youth; (2) improving peace promoting youth work services for young people affected by multiple vulnerabilities; and (3) strengthening the skills and capacities of non-governmental service providers of education and youth work.
Based on TDA’s Communication Plan different activities and interventions are planned to be implemented.
To support the GIZ TDA project implementation (specifically the third project component and the communication materials of the project) we are looking for an:
“Intern – capacity development and communications”
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- General administrative tasks in the project office related to Communication Measures for the TDA project
- Assist in the organization and meetings of conferences and workshops.
- Getting to know the technical aspects of the project and proceeding specific tasks in an individual manner, especially in following areas:
- Assist in defining and finetuning the overall communication plan, including the development of concept for a workshop with partner organizations on communication
- Establishing a database of all produced visual materials
- Market research and mapping of main contractors in the field of communication
- Supporting the implementation of the third project component on capacity development for civil society
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Bachelor Student at the third or fourth years of University or recently graduated in and/or in Business Administration, Communication, Journalism, or any education relevant to the subject of the programme
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing and reading), German is an asset
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Creative, innovative, energetic, communication and public relations skills
- Fast learner, self-initiator, focused, creative, team-player, handles work under pressure well, and motivated
Assignment: Starting 1st of August 2021 for 6 months.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the Applicant information Form, CV and cover letter, no later than 21st of July 2021 at latest 16:00 PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Intern- capacity development and communications”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form