Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The GIZ project “Transitional Development Assistance - East Jerusalem” (TDA-EJ) focuses on strengthening the resilience of young people in East Jerusalem through support to formal and informal educational institutions as well as youth serving organizations and providing practical trainings amongst others. The project’s objective is to strengthen the social cohesion of young persons in East Jerusalem affected by multiple vulnerabilities through vocational qualification and entrepreneurship; peace-promoting youth work in the fields of sports for development, culture, music and creative arts, trainings on gender-based violence, as well as psycho-social support (MHPSS).
To support our operations, TDA-EJ is looking for an intern to assist the project in administrative tasks as well as Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E).
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- General administrative tasks in the project office related to all three project components (employability, peace-promoting youth work, organizational capacity development)
- Assists in processing procurement, service contracts and other processes
- Supports field activities, such as workshops or capacity building measures, as well as team events
- Assists in organizing knowledge management and filling systems
- Support TDA EJ in compiling, analyzing and storing monitoring data
- Supports TDA EJ in organizing and analyzing focus group discussions with beneficiaries
- Supports TDA EJ in maintaining awareness of M&E requirements such as data protection standards, also amongst partner organizations
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor student in the third or fourth years of university or recently graduated in Political or Social Sciences, Data Science, Business Administration, or any education relevant to the subject of the programme
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing and reading)
- Excellent computer skills (especially Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Creative, innovative, excellent communication skills
- Fast learner, self-initiator, focused, team-player, highly motivated
- Holder of Jerusalem I.D
- Preferable residence in Jerusalem
As an equal opportunity employer, GIZ stands for inclusion and diversity and does not discriminate against applicants for employment because of their gender, disability, age, religion, or ethnic origin. GIZ offers an attractive and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional development.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the applicant information form, CV, and cover letter, no later than 31st of May 2022 at latest 4:00PM.
Kindly state in the email subject “Intern-Administrative Assistant” Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Attachment GIZ applicant information form