Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire an Intensive Care Specialist
Activity Rate: full time
Location: Gaza, Palestine
Activity: Burns and violence related Trauma
Deadline to apply: Monday 21 August 2023 at 16:00 h.
MSF supports clinical care and management of patients who have sustained burns in both inpatient and outpatient activities. Inpatient activities are carried out in Shifa Hospital and Nasser Hospital.
The Intensive Care Specialist will support and perform clinical care for Burns patients admitted to areas caring for Burns patients such as the Burns IPD, Burns ICU, General ICU, Emergency Department. Clinical aspects of this role would include support and clinical work in pain management, sepsis detection and management, nutrition support, vascular access, perioperative and patient centered care.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Provide clinical work with MoH staff in the IPD/ICU, and in ER (if needed and authorized).
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IPD patients via clinical consultations and examinations, prescribing treatment as necessary following MSF protocols.
- Ensure that intensive care medical activities for burn patients are implemented according to MoH protocols if existing, or alternatively to MSF protocols and/or evidence based universal protocols.
- Directly provide clinical care in IPD and ICU teams on pain management, procedural sedation management, nutrition and sepsis management, perioperative care, multidisciplinary work and patient centered care.
- In collaboration within the multidisciplinary team (such as nurses, physiotherapists, nutritionists, surgeons), directly provide clinical care in the burn IPD and ICU especially critically unwell Burns patients.
- Procedural support when required such as vascular access (central lines, ultrasound-guided peripheral IV cannula etc.)
Essential: Medical doctor degree
Essential: Specialization (consultant/attending level) in Intensive Care Medicine/Anaesthetics.Independently competent in intubating and managing patients on mechanical ventilation, non-invasive ventilation and other oxygen delivery modes. Experience managing critically ill patients both adult and children.
Desirable: Previous experience with MSF other similar NGOs
Essential: Arabic (Native)
Essential: Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet)
Competencies Essential: Strategic Vision, Leadership, People Management and Development, Service Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV with a Motivation letter (Not only a cover letter), relevant diplomas, and work certificates via email to:
Stating the job title in the subject line: 20230821_INTENSIVE CARE SPECIALIST
- Only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
MSF does not demand nor accept any type of payment for job applications