- Responsible for delivering UK support to the Palestinian tech sector delivering on an ambitious strategy, identifying new strategic partnerships and pursuing business opportunities to accelerate entrepreneurship in the Palestinian sector locally and in the UK.
- Develop and implement annual detailed workplan and budget, with clear output and outcome indicators.
- Build, maintain and further expand on existing networks within the Palestinian-tech ecosystem. Organise offline tech events and meetups to serve the project vision.
- Build and maintain sector expertise and a network of contacts with relevant decision-makers, companies, entrepreneurs, experts and investors in the UK and potentially with third countries.
- Manage a Project budget and maintain it on a monthly and annual basis, produce budget reports internally as well as to external funding partners.
- Build the capacity of Palestinian companies to be able to penetrate the UK market and attract VCs.
- Provide market information about the UK market to the Palestinian Companies.
- Provide information about the Palestinian startups to the UK VC's.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- BA required, MA or higher preferred. Preferably in economics or business or technology fields.
- More than 5 years of experience working in the tech sector, business development, digital marketing, consulting, project management.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management, including budget management.
- Experience in community management and/or community building.
- Willingness to travel regularly to peripheral parts of the country and occasionally to the UK.
- Strong presentation skills (oral and written).
- Bringing a relevant personal business network from the Palestinian territories and internationally– a strong plus.
- Experience organising events – a strong plus.
- International experience (working or studying) – a strong plus.
- A self-starter attitude; initiative and creativity, “out of the box” thinking.
- A positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Excellent team player, able to interact cross-functionally and remotely at different levels and adept to the cultural nuances between different audiences within different cultures within Palestinian territories and in the UK.
- Strong business acumen and organisational skills.
- Highly motivated, passionate about innovation and technology.
- Open and clear communicator, excellent networking skills including across cultures.
- A track record of success and demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- Enthusiasm to work as part of a small, agile, ambitious team – a “start-up within government”.
- This role reports jointly to the Tasdeer Team Leader and the British Consulate-General’s (Jerusalem) Senior Responsible Owner for the SEED programme.
- This contract is initially for 12-months, which may be extended subject to review and funding avialabity.
- This position will be expected to be based in Jerusalem and Ramallah Project-related travel is expected in other parts of the West Bank and Gaza (where possible). Some travel to the UK will also be expected.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] no later than Sunday 26th September.
Candidates must submit a CV and a personal statement. The CV and personal statement must demonstrate that they have undertaken similar roles and activities as shown in the overview of the role and responsibilities sections above. The Personal Statement (not exceeding 1500 word) demonstrating why the applicant meets the job needs including
Demonstration of evidence of Civil Service Behaviours equivelent to level 3 (maximum 250 words per behaviour; up to 1,000 words total for four behaviours) including Seeing the Big Picture, Working Together, Making Effective Decisions, Communicating & Influencing.
Demonstration of evidece of indepth knowledge and experience in the IT sector and business development (up to 250 words).
Interviews will focus on the behaviours and competencies from the personal statement. Further questions on the candidate’s experience may be asked.